Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #1

2017 Eagle RSTS

Hi Folks
New to the forum and have already got some great information.

We ordered a 321rsts a couple of weeks ago and found out that we will be getting a 2017 model. The dealer had a picture of a trailer under construction so we could see the new color "Silver Eagle". So far we have not seen a floor plan to see what changes there will be from the 2016's. I have seen a 2017 Eagle enhancements sheet on another post here. A couple of things that have us concerned are possible changes to the bedroom/bathroom size and what if anything will be happening to the bench seat by the entrance.

Has anyone seen any 2017 floor plans?

Dave
Dave&Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:34 PM   #2

We ordered our 321 a while back and apparently it's being built tomorrow. Dealer told me today that it's definitely a 2016. They ordered another a couple of weeks ago and it's going to be a 16 as well. He says that despite the info we've seen on the forum that the 17s are still on the drawing board....or so that's what the factory told him this morning. Jayco told me that production will be late summer. Don't know who to believe though.
I'd hate to loose the bench in the entry but would love a pocket door on the bathroom. Also the prospect of electric rear jacks instead of he 4point levelers is a bit of a head scratcher. Were there problems or are they just cutting cost?
Would really like the new silver gray color ( if that's what the plan is) over the tan but oh well.
I guess the purpose of a redesign is to get us guys to want the new toy eh?
Lookin fwd to gettin my 16 sometime late next week or early the following.
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Vivian View Post
Hi Folks
A couple of things that have us concerned are possible changes to the bedroom/bathroom size and what if anything will be happening to the bench seat by the entrance.

Has anyone seen any 2017 floor plans?
We are interested in the 330RSTS TT, which is basically the same floor plan as the 321RSTS 5th wheel with a few minor differences of which one is where the bench/coat cubby has doors on it and no bench. We also thought that with the 330RSTS being a new model/floor plan for 2016, it might just be a hint at the direction Jayco was going in 2017 on the 321RSTS. Since we don't have kids accompanying us on trips, we didn't need a "timeout seat" which is what our dealer called it.

So when I read the features and enhancements doc for the 2017's where they mention adding a coat "closet" by the door to the 321RSTS, I took that to mean that they were losing the bench and simply enclosing it with doors like it is on the 2016 330RSTS TT.

But then again, with changing the bathroom door to a pocket door, maybe they did that because the actually added a coat closet on the wall as your going into the bedroom and they couldn't keep the conventional door AND have the coat closet competing for hallway space.

Your right, need floor plans, getting an "in the know" rep at Jayco to spill the beans or better yet, pictures of the interior.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Grandpa View Post
Also the prospect of electric rear jacks instead of he 4point levelers is a bit of a head scratcher. Were there problems or are they just cutting cost?
After reviewing the Features and Enhancements on the 2017's as well as what my salesman told me when he talked to a Jayco rep a while back is that Jayco is trying to "standardize" both the appearance (color scheme) and options available across all of the Eagle lines (TT, HT, 5th). I think that is where making the auto leveling an option on the full size 5th wheels like it already is on the HT line is a move towards that.

They even make the statement about standardization in regards to the Value package for the 2017's as well as making the theater seating optional and recliners standard. That wasn't the case previously.

So with the levelers non existent on the TT line (but I heard they might be available here as well in the near future) and already optional on the HT line, it only made sense (under standardization) that they made the levelers an option on the full size 5th wheels instead of making them standard across all lines.

That's how I would take that.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #5

Got this from my salesman today. The floor plan is not really different from a 2016 except for the pocket door for the bathroom and the bench area is now labeled a closet. The king bed option is still a bit puzzling. Can't tell if they are going to a wider slide for both a queen or king or if there will be two different sizes to accommodate the bed size.

Blujay - I think you are right about the closet being the same as the 330rsts. I was hoping for a floor to ceiling closet but then I remembered that the electric panel box was below the bench.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmpE83D.png
Views:	89
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	23295
Old 04-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #6

I think the slide will be the same for the king and queen bed. You will just get more walking space around the standard queen.

I really like the closet over the "mud room" bench. Just gives storing larger items a cleaner look behind cabinet doors.

I find this situation ironic because all I had to go by when I bought my TT was the 321RSTS since there was no 360 degree virtual tour at the time.

Either way, I love this floor plan. The kitchen island is a great asset to this design.

P.S. The only design change I would make if I were a Jayco engineer is to move the island a little further south so that the refrigerator door could be opened without extending the kitchen slide.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post

I find this situation ironic because all I had to go by when I bought my TT was the 321RSTS since there was no 360 degree virtual tour at the time.
Ironic that our dealer didn't have a 321RSTS for us to see. Actually, we looked at a 355MBQS mid bunk house model because the living room/kitchen and bathroom/bedroom portions are the same layout as the 321RSTS. This is our first time for ordering a new camper from a dealer thinking that we would get everything we wanted. All my past purchases have been either off the lot or a private sale. Didn't anticipate all these model changes at this time of year.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #8

Hi this is my first time here, so here goes. we just ordered a 2017 jayco eagle 293rkds fifth wheel (we had a 2013 ht fifth wheel and wanted to up grade) i have seen some of the new floor plans but have not seen one for the 2017 293rkds, has anyone seen one? I hear rumors the bathroom door is going to a pocket door...that would be awesome
luvs2camp7164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:20 PM   #9

Hi ( sorry my orginal post was supposed to b on welcome matt. Still learning to navigate this) just want to say congrats on your new one. Looks really nice. Hope mine has the pocket door in bathroom as well. Happy camping
Old 04-21-2016, 12:09 PM   #10

We're in the same boat. I google it about every other day to see if it's posted out there yet. I do know that coat rack/bench is now a coat closet.
The Cloyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #11

We have a 2016 321RSTS and a pocket door would be nice because you have to go down the stairs to open the door when hitting the bathroom at night. First thing I did when I brought the camper home was put in an LED motion nightlight for the stairs. We actually like the bench and coat hooks and wouldn't want a closet there. It's really nice to sit there and put shoes on before going outside.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:55 PM   #12

I agree.
I plan to look into having the door swing reversed when we get ours. That eliminates the steps issue, allows you to leave the bathroom door open without limiting access to the bedroom and gives a bit of privacy when moving from bath to bedroom if ya don't want to dress in the bathroom after a shower.
Reversing the door can't be that hard. I'll let you know if it works......
Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2camp7164 View Post
Hi this is my first time here, so here goes. we just ordered a 2017 jayco eagle 293rkds fifth wheel (we had a 2013 ht fifth wheel and wanted to up grade) i have seen some of the new floor plans but have not seen one for the 2017 293rkds, has anyone seen one? I hear rumors the bathroom door is going to a pocket door...that would be awesome
I have found as of a few days ago, that the RVOne website now has 2017 floor plans. Here is one I found for the 293RKTS. It shows a pocket door for the bathroom.
Attached Thumbnails
293EFW.jpg  
Old 04-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #14

Thank you!!!! Blujay40. Really appreciate this
Old 06-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #15

We are scheduled to pick up our 2017 321RSTS on June 21st. I still search the web for pictures of the 2017 but have only seen pics of the outside. Unless someone else posts pictures before the 21st, I'll take pics of the change to the bench/closet and post them.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cloyds View Post
We are scheduled to pick up our 2017 321RSTS on June 21st. I still search the web for pictures of the 2017 but have only seen pics of the outside. Unless someone else posts pictures before the 21st, I'll take pics of the change to the bench/closet and post them.
I got the last 2016 321 to roll off the assembly line and to my surprise, it was built to 2107 specs. We've had it for a couple of weeks but havent had the opportunity to take it out yet.

Here's some pictures for you to drool over until yours comes in:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3298.JPG   IMG_3299.JPG   IMG_3301.JPG   IMG_3302.JPG   IMG_3303.JPG  

WestTexasRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:22 PM   #17

Awesome! ! Finally! ! You've solved the closet question for us! Not at all what we expected but it looks great! Thank you for sharing!
Old 06-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #18

The closet has a shelf inside that divides the area into an upper & lower section. You can fold the shelf up and it converts to a coat closet with the hooks on the top of the back wall. Pretty slick!

The pocket door is the best thing since sliced bread. It's the same type found on half million dollar motor homes (totally inside the wall), not the typical ones found in trailers that are exposed on one side. The lock mechanism is of high quality, also.

The new interior & exterior colors are top-shelf as well.
WestTexasRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:51 PM   #19

Thanks so much! I can't wait to see ours!
Old 06-11-2016, 08:59 AM   #20
Jon

WestTexasRanger, can you comment or post a photo of the bedroom slide? I ordered a 2017 3121RSTS a couple weeks ago and have been wondering all the same things I'm reading in this string. I ordered the queen bed and I'm hoping the bedroom slide is larger than the 2016 with nightstands that are bigger. Thanks for all your pics! I love the new coat closet configuration over the time out seat!
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote