Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2016, 07:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiju View Post
New to Jayco, we have a Eagle 323LKTS, we like it but since we saw the NorthPoint 377RLBH it's like the trailer we need.

I have a crazy good price offer from RVDirect on a custom order one but wanted to know if anybody had experience with them and could share with us.

Thanks
Thierry

My sister in law bought her camper from the Orlando RVDirect/RVOne about 2 years ago and was very happy with the whole process.

This past April we ordered our current camper from Albany RVDirect/RVOne and couldn't have been happier. Everything went very smooth. I contacted the dealer I bought my first camper from and some dealers mentioned on here to have good prices and none could match RVOne. My saleslady Jessicah was awesome. If we every decide to buy another camper she will be my first call...

SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #12
Site Team

Thread on the subject with links to other threads.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...git-29449.html

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:14 PM   #13

Rv direct Albany was excellent got my 2014 Greyhawk new 40% off list. Jeff blair salesperson and very nice guy.
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:03 AM   #14

2 time buyer from RV Direct

Part 1: I bought a new 2012 X17Z expandable from RV One / RV Direct and the price killed everybody in the eastern USA. After a year I sold for almost what I paid for it as we wanted to go larger. I sold cars for 8 years and I know all the sales tactics and have figured out that RV dealers are usually making a ton of $ on these units, especially when compared to cars and trucks. The best part is there was literally no negotiation. They gave me a great price and did everything they promised.

Part 2: We bought a new 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 25 SLE to replace the Jayco from another online dealer in Ohio. Great price, great experience.....

Part 3: 8-24-16 We had our vacation booked in Gettysburg Pa. area and I thought I'd get a new queen mattress to replace the crappy stock one. I hadn't camped since Oct 2015 which was the last time I checked the roof. When measuring the bed, I stepped on the floor next to the bed and almost went through it. To make a long story short, there was so much water damage that the 3 year old camper was a total loss. Our vacation was booked for Sept. 17 and we had no camper. I had been really dissatisfied with the Heartland Trailer and had been looking at the Jayco 23RLSW online. So now with insurance paying off old camper and vacation booked, I went online and checked RV One's inventory (which is really easy to do compared to most dealers) and they had 1 of the model I wanted left in stock. I called and got a quote which once again the price killed every other quote I had gotten. No negotiation needed. I explained to them my vacation situation and they were perfect. I picked it up the weekend before vacation and had a great time in new trailer.

These rv dealers have a good thing going and because it's hard to search and compare apples to apples, They are pretty arrogant about discounting prices. I think the rv show prices are a joke compared to these online dealers. And then the big " we won't service it threat". Ignore it, they make a bundle on service. On top of all of this, RV One gave me the best finance rate I could find. This company has done right by me although I'm sure they have their problems like everyone else. One local service manager told me that if I wanted a problem free RV go to a Holiday Inn instead.

PS: I've only been to their Albany NY facility and it is impressive. Check you roof and your insurance coverage. From what I've found out water damage is tricky to find and get covered.
chesterBurnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:00 AM   #15

I stopped at the Albany RVOne on my way home from a recent trip to buy a cover and some assorted parts. We didn't from them (But clearly should have) as they were an hour further away then the dealer we purchased from (Camping World - where we had a horrible buying experience).

The RVOne parts guy said and I quote "Our only issue here is our service department" Brutally honest of him to say that but online reviews do bear that out.

Regardless, I will likely be purchasing my next RV from them.

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #16

If you're retired and travel a lot what good is a local dealer going to do.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #17

I would rather save $8,000 and take my chances with a local independent RV repair shop. I have the same issue where I live on the west coast. One dealer for SOB. They think their trailers all come with a pot of gold. After owning 3 trailers in the last 7 years and not having any major problems that needed dealer repair, I'd definitely go out of town or out of state to save $$$$$.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:08 PM   #18

I guess when it comes to dealerships I'm very lucky. I've only had issue with one of three dealers and that one isn't even in business anymore. When I bought my 2014 eagle HT the savings wasn't worth it by the time I traveled to pick it up or had it delivered. I guess it all depends on the dealerships and I seem to have a good one near me.

jco83
2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT
5.3 V8 w/3:73 gear
2014 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
jco83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #19

If it's rv one in Albany ny stay away .there customer service and communication simply sucks. I purchased a 2017 eagle HT bhds 29.5 back in June they never return calls jacks in rear were to low from factory power cord smoked at the pre inspection have yet to receive replacement cord many other issues take my advice and just stay away .once they sell unit to you your on your own.Im getting warranted work done by Garrick rv in jersey and if I ever need any additional work done Garrick rv is top
Notch
Critter357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:29 PM   #20

We bought our travel trailer (used) from Tampa. We are happy with the purchase, but since it is not under warranty, I would not have it serviced there because it is a two hour ride. The reviews were terrible. If I had read them first, I would have not gone there. But, I realize that for every bad review, there is probably 20 good that never were written. Other than waiting for 2 weeks for delivery (claimed they had to clear the tile) everything was great. Our sales lady Laurie was fantastic. She was young, but if she did not know an answer, she said so and found out. I am in sales and would love her working for me! I cannot speak for their service dept.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote