Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2017, 08:04 AM   #1

Calling all Eagle 293rkds owners

My girlfriend and I are extremely serious about factory ordering a 2017 Eagle 293rkds. We have received pricing from two different dealers. Would like to hear from owners of this model and floorplan.
Any issues to with this particular floorplan? Any regrets? What mods have you done?

We plan to opt it with the following options:
*Cashmere interior
*Dinette booth
*Theater seating
*Dual pane windows
*Rear camera
*Dry camping package (gen prep)
*12 cuft RV fridge
*2nd ac for bedroom
*Auto leveling
*Mor/ryde the pin box
*Bedroom tv
*Mandatory Goodyear US made tires (originally that was a maxxis tire option upgrade)

Thanks,
Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:56 AM   #2

The dw and i picked one up in june. Set up with the same options except for generator, second ac and bedroom tv. We did opt for the 8 cu ft refrigerator so that we would get the extra pantry to the left. You loose this pantry with the larger refrigerator. The unit has been great. Love the floorplan. We have no regrets.
luvs2camp7164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:10 AM   #3

Thanks! We want the 12 cuft fridge. A 8.5 isn't near big enough for our needs. Fortunately the trailer has that huge pantry in the kitchen. This floorplan has lots more storage in every section of the trailer than our current trailer.
How's the auto level? Our current trailer has hydraulic Auto leveling. So we are very concerned on the electric version performing the same. Also the electric slides. All our past units were all hydraulic slides.

Earl
Old 01-09-2017, 12:09 PM   #4

We have not had any problems with the slides or the auto leveling. They have worked great so far. That unit does have alot of storage and room to move around, that is why we chose that floor plan. Keep a folding step stool under the kitchen sink you will need it to reach all the upper cabinets! Well for those of us who are vertically challenged anyway. We took a 9 day trip as soonas we picked the unit up and it was very comfortable. It did not feel cramped after 2 days like our other units did. So far all systems go with our unit, no fear of the slides or leveling system.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #5

Val and I are seriously looking at the 293RKDS as well with the same setup, but we can not find one anywhere with in 150 miles to look at. Maybe you can help us a little.
Do you know how long the sleeping area is when the dinette is put down?
Is there any outlets on the counter behind the sink.
From the comments Id say the quality of workmanship is great. What is you opinion.

Thanks for the help
Scott and Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #6

There are 2 outlets along the counter top. 1 by the stove and 1 by the pantry. I am not sure of the length of the dinnet but it looks like it would be a little short for a grown adult but should be fine for children or teens. It is just me and the wife so i never set the dinnet up as a bed. It is in a storage lot for the winter so i cant get a measurement. The other couch also pulls out to a bed and is large enough for 2 adults. When it is pulled out for a bed you can still get around it if your going from the front to the rear of the unit. As far as quality i am a jayco fan. We had to drive almost 4 hours to the jayco factory to see a unit, no dealers in our area had one in stock. We took the factory tour and when we finished they had pulled one up to the visitor center for us to look at. That impressed me that they would do that for just 1 customer. If you do not locate one in your area montana makes the same floor plan in a 293 high country. This would give you a idea of the space. The features vary a little but the layout is the same.
Hope this helps and i dont think you would be dissapointed.
Happy camping
Old 01-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #7

Thanks. That helps a great deal. I'll try and find the Montana
Old 01-12-2017, 08:31 PM   #8

I think i was able to attach a couple pics. If you look at the montana some features differ. The counter with the fire place has a desk area and the jayco does not, the tv pops up from there. I dont think the montana has an outside fridge. The jayco has a sliding pocket door on the bathroom wich is a great feature added on the 17 model. Tha montana also has a fantastic fan in the kitchen with a wall switch. These are items that come with the high country package at a price. I still prefer the jayco.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #9

Val and I spent the day at Summit RV in Ashland, KY and looked through several Eagles, not the model we want, just looking at the quality and construction. We were very impressed with everything Jayco so............ We are getting numbers for the 293rkds outfitted like yours. If we can make it work we will be owning one within the next few weeks.

Thanks for the information. Made this better having positive feedback here.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:00 PM   #10

Congradulations ! We have not been disapointed in ours. We are on our 7th trailer and 4 of them have been jaycos. From pop ups to travel trailers and fifth wheels. We keep going back to jayco because of the quality over other brands. We are so pleased with the 293rkds for the storage, bathroom space and over all open area of the living space. We are able to move around in the bedroom, bathroom and living area with no problems. I am surprised the dealers do not have more of these models on there lot. Like isaid we had to go to the factory to see one but it was worth the trip. The wife and i call it the 3ps park plug and play!
Happy camping!
Old 01-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #11

this is Val (the val part of Scott and Val) thanks for all the information. It was nice to go into the dealership and say "this is what we are interested in and why, and the salesman went thru his list of available units and showed us the ones that had the different things we were looking for and just let us look and decide. He was impressed that we were so well informed so I want to thank you for the information. It kept us from being so overwhelmed. we actually went in with 2 different floor plans in mind, but have decided on the Rear Kitchen, It usually is just Scott and I but occasionally we take a grandchild with us so while the other floorplan was a bunkhouse, we just didn't want to deal with an added 6 ft of camper for a sometimes occasion. the big seller to us is that there is NOT a curbside slide out that takes up most of the awning, as well as the fact that while traveling we can pull into a parking mot or rest stop and eat or sleep without having to slide out slide outs to access everything. we currently own a Forest River 5th wheel that we ordered with several options that were nice at the time, however we took the dinette with chairs over a dinette, losing a sleeping area from the grand baby's and leaving us without only a pull out (but nice and comfy) hide a bed. that is ok to a point, but the biggest thing for us is that there are slide outs on both the curbside and street side and when they are closed there is absolutely no way to use the 5th wheel anywhere except for the bathroom and the bed. there is lots of storage, so that is something we aren't willing to give up and this Jayco Rear kitchen gives us the storage we currently have. we lose some counter space/work space, because we have a center island in the one we have now, but I am ok with losing that in order to be able to access the camper even with the street side slide closed. I don't feel like I am really compromising with anything, because even though I lose the center island, I am gaining better quality and MANY more options that we don't have now. we are just waiting for the numbers to come in and hope it is something we can do comfortably
Old 01-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #12

Those are the same reasons why we chose the rear kitchen. 2 extra sleeping spaces when needed and no curb side slide. Gives you more awning area.
I am sure you will not be dissapointed!
Old 01-15-2017, 04:48 PM   #13

Did you by chance get the Sani-con® Turbo Waste Management System installed. I'm thinking about it but can't find enough information to be sure that when staying for extended periods we can leave the gray tanks open and drain them direct as we do now. Only drain the Black when needed.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #14

Its jeff from loves2camp7164. I did not notice that option until we already made the deal so i do not have it but our unit came prepped for it if we add it later. I was curious about the syste so i looked it up on thier website. As far as i can tell it is only for the black tanks so you could leave the grey tanks open. It does have a bypass for the black if the pump fails on the sanicon. Our unit came with 2 dump ports, one below the docking station for the black and bathroom grey. The other is at yhe rear for the kitchen grey. I do not know if that has been redesigned since we got ours last june or not. Since i need the regular sewer hose for the grey i probably will not install the sanicon on our unit. This unit does come with a black tank flushing system as a standard feature. Just hook up a water hose and the spinner inside the tank flushes the system pretty good. No complaints so far.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:31 AM   #15

The sani-con system can be used or not used as Jayco plumbs it. You can still gravity dump the black and grey tanks as normal or pump them with the sani-con. But on the 293 the galley tank isn't tied to the other tanks. It has its own dump connection.
We also do not like slides on the curb side. They take away your outdoor area and make for shorter awnings. We camp 95% in state parks, so having slides on both sides would keep us out of a lot of state parks.
I'm no fan of electric slides, but you can control them independently unlike most hydraulic slides. That means if we have a tight site we don't need to put the bedroom slide out if we couldn't. But still have use of the bedroom.
We also like you can access about everything with the slides in on the 293. That makes stopping for supplies nice when you can load the fridge without putting the slide out.
Overall we really like the 293. We are currently working with two different dealers trying to get a good deal.
We were at the one dealer Saturday to get another look at the 293 and let our daughter see it.

Earl
Old 02-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #16

We ordered the 293RKDS on 01/26/17.

Earl
Old 02-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #17

Congrats on the new unit! We have not been disapointed in ours. The only problem i have is its to cold in ohio this time of year to enjoy the camper.⛄
Old 02-04-2017, 01:55 PM   #18

jayco 293

Hi we 2 have being looking at this unit also. Last summer we toured the factor, I call the factory last mo. and ask when they would be put in production and they said it would be in April 2017. They told me that last year they made around 125 units. So there's not a lot of them out there. 2 slides on that size unit is hard to find. The awning is our porch . And they have pex's pluming, which is easy to work with if repairs are needed. We are new to the sight, but have had several Jayco's over the years. Happy Camping
frenchfrydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:36 AM   #19

Hi, we're newbies to the site and also looking very closely at the 293RKDS. I'm almost embarrassed to say but we started our RV search almost 3 years ago at the Hershey show. Right now we're down to this unit and one other manufactured on the west coast, but really leaning towards this one. It has all the features that my wife and I have on our needs list and from what I've read Jayco manufactures a decent quality product. Build quality was high on our priority list, as was staying at 35' or less, as was a pin weight under 2000 lbs. Our tow vehicle is a 2014 Ram 2500 diesel crew cab with a 6' 4" box, air shocks, and a payload of 2300 lbs. Because of this payload we searched for a hitch that would be lightweight and recently settles on the Anderson Ultimate hitch at under 40 lbs in aluminum. Feature wise the 293RKDS has everything we want and then some. Great counter top and cabinet space, straight on tv viewing, port side slides only , and excellent tank capacity to name a few. Retiring in less than 2 months and we'll be buying shortly thereafter.
Doubleheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #20

We tow with a 2010 chevy 2500hd 4×4 6 liter gas extended cab with 6.5 footbed with no problems