Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2024, 07:42 PM   #1

Grey tank pinnacle 38FLWS

We recently acquired a Pinnacle 38FLWS. We have two grey tanks. One midship on the rv and the other to the rear. The rear one apparently accommodates the washer grey water. The PO never had a washer installed and so never used that grey tank. When we purchased the rig we also bought a washer/dryer combo. I’ve got everything hooked up only to find that the grey tank valve is completely frozen. I think I’m going to have to remove the covering underneath the rig in order to access the valve mechanism and I’m quite frankly hesitant to do so because I’m not sure if I have to remove the whole cover or cut a hole in it. Any one else out there with a similar setup with any suggestions on how to repair this? I could spend the money and get a mobile repair person out for the job but I’d like to do this myself if it’s feasible to do so. Thanks!
Dr. Hexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 07:12 AM   #2

When I had to fix something under the cover I cut a flap for access. I left the forward portion of the cover attached and only cut the sides and back. Opened my flap did the work and used Gorilla tape to seal it closed.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokyle1 View Post
When I had to fix something under the cover I cut a flap for access. I left the forward portion of the cover attached and only cut the sides and back. Opened my flap did the work and used Gorilla tape to seal it closed.
DITTO^^^^^

Can you turn the "T" handle a little to loosen it up, it may just be corroded.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:00 PM   #4
Site Team

If you have a general idea where the. Valve is, just drop a side piece w/ o cutting enough to get an eye on it. Then make the cut. Many already have factory access for slide motors. That may be a place to start.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 03:46 PM   #5

The plastic part of the T handle is screwed onto the metal rod and turns freely without moving the rod. Looks like I’m going to have to cut it open. Gorilla tape huh.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hexx View Post
The plastic part of the T handle is screwed onto the metal rod and turns freely without moving the rod. Looks like I’m going to have to cut it open. Gorilla tape huh.
If you want to use a waterproof tape meant for the underbelly here is one option. Not sure how this compares to the Gorilla tape you planned on using.

https://a.co/d/88lHBu3
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:35 AM   #7

I did mine similar to this guy. I used 1"x 3" wood and built a square frame and used screws and fender washers instead of the fancy brackets.

Frosty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 12:07 PM   #8

Not sure it helps. Here are pictures under a 32RLTS. Covers fully removed. Different model. But probably similar configuration.

In the pictures you can see the bottom edge of the valve. You could easily cut a section out spanning from one support to the other.

I replaced my under belly with aluminium diamond plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Under Cover Removed 1.jpg   Under Cover Removed 2.jpg  
RDTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 09:46 AM   #9

I just recently removed my undercarriage cover to locate my gray tank leak by removing factory underpins first. They're fairly simple to remove. I used my a 1/4" hex bit on cordless drill and just came out. I reused all the washer and reused all the existing holes, but with self taping screws for the reinstallation. I did not care to cut up the undercarriage material.
- 2002 Fleetwood Jamboree 23e, Class C (Sold)
JDsRVcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 09:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTC View Post
Not sure it helps. Here are pictures under a 32RLTS. Covers fully removed. Different model. But probably similar configuration.

In the pictures you can see the bottom edge of the valve. You could easily cut a section out spanning from one support to the other.

I replaced my under belly with aluminium diamond plate.
Did you replace your entire undercarriage cover with diamond plate? They would be expensive?
JDsRVcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote