Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2017, 07:38 PM   #1

Just put a Deposit down on a 2016 North Point 341RLTS without being able to see it

I Just put a Deposit down on a 2016 North Point 341RLTS without being able to see it. I live in New Hampshire and the Jayco North Point 341RLTS is located at the Camping World in Indianapolis, IN. This will be our 6th Jayco, and 2nd 5th wheel. Anything in particular that I should look for with this 5th wheel, or Dealership?

Thanks
Greg
2016 Jayco North Point 341RLTS
gman03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #2

We used this dealership since it was 15 min from our town. They have a pretty big selection and let us run free in the lot without a salesman harrassing us the whole time. They were our best friends until the deal was done and we took possession. The financial department tried to jack with our already signed agreement saying their monthly payment quote was a rough guess. That was quickly abandoned when we said we were walking away. The service department is an overpriced joke that took 2 days to finish a simple brake controller repair that they messed up. The walk through was a 10 minute waste of time, I knew more than the "tech" and gave up on him. The communication after the sale was near nonexistent with several calls to address small issues.

I'm glad we got the trailer we did as we love it. Just beware the promises made and stick to your guns. If you need help with trailer I live close!
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 PM   #3

Which dealership did you use screwby? We purchased our Jayflight from CW in Draper Ut. Our first visit honestly was aweful. But after letting corporate know what happened they took our concerns to heart. I didn't think I would ever walk in there again. They didn't know I was going back to look at another trailer manufacture and honestly they completely took care of us and actually made it a fun experience! And we left with a Jay Flight instead of the other company's trailer.

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins
2016 Jayco Jay Flight Elite 27BHS
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
Which dealership did you use screwby? We purchased our Jayflight from CW in Draper Ut. Our first visit honestly was aweful. But after letting corporate know what happened they took our concerns to heart. I didn't think I would ever walk in there again. They didn't know I was going back to look at another trailer manufacture and honestly they completely took care of us and actually made it a fun experience! And we left with a Jay Flight instead of the other company's trailer.
It's the Camping World on the corner of St Rd 44 and Interstate 65. Some of the people were nice, but we were next to invisible once they had our money. Huge selection for looking at campers though. Not a chance I would leave my camper there for warranty work after previous experience.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:37 AM   #5

Thanks, I plan on having copies of everything, and the details worked out before I even leave my house for the 1000 mile drive. This will be our 6th Jayco, and all the previous dealers were very pleasant and easy to deal with. This will be my 1st Camping World RV purchase, and I hope it goes as well as the others. I have driven to other Dealers before for a particular model I was set on, and will do the same for this one. I love this Floor plan, and was stuck with the lack of under 40 ft 5th wheels that Jayco has in there North Point, and Pinnacle lines.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:42 AM   #6
Site Team

Just one consideration, I would ask them for the build date since its a 2016, 2017`s have been out nearly a year now which means some 2016`s are approaching two years old if built Spring 2015. It could give you more leverage on a discount being a leftover. And I would want to know just how old the unit is also.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #7

I'd be highly concerned why they have a 2016 yet when 2018's will hit the lots in a couple of months.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Just one consideration, I would ask them for the build date since its a 2016, 2017`s have been out nearly a year now which means some 2016`s are approaching two years old if built Spring 2015. It could give you more leverage on a discount being a leftover. And I would want to know just how old the unit is also.
+1 Yes.. good point Crabman.

If you have detailed pics including a pic of the VIN sticker, the build date should be on there.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:06 PM   #9

Thanks for the replies, I did check on the build date already due to the issues with the outriggers supports on the kitchen slide, and have requested pictures of the outriggers under the 2 rear slide-outs. The build date was 2/12/2016

I did not care for the bathroom layout on the North Point 315rlts which replaced this model, so looked around and found 2 within driving distance. This was the better buy, and all the pictures I have requested so far look great

Thanks,

Greg
Old 03-01-2017, 03:28 PM   #10

I was able to negotiate a real good deal, Getting a little over 43% off of MSRP.

Thanks,

Greg
Old 03-01-2017, 08:43 PM   #11

We bought "last year's" model at a good price. What I didn't spot was the wear and tear while on the lot. I'd suggest checking the upholstery, carpet, countertops, etc for wear, grime, scratches, cuts, tears and so on. While waiting for you there were probably lots of folks and their kids trooping thru the rig and it may have made a visit to a local RV Show. Not sorry that we bought, just wish I'd paid closer attention.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #12

First thing you do when you get there is open the central vac and tell them to fix the screws that are poking into where the bag attaches. I haven't seen one yet that was put together properly.
Unless you want to fix that when you get home on your own, you won't get the bag on.

The floor supports could very well be fine right now. Depending if they are the original design (You're date is close to the design change, but I doubt you have them) if they are the first design I would say they will bend by your third outing.
I just got mine fixed 3 weeks ago. It's a big pain in the rear, and takes a long time to get through the process.
And don't fall for the dealer saying "I've never heard of this"... it's a well known issue!

Check the brakes. If your controller is at max and you still think they are weak, then they won't get better. I'm still dealing with this.

Check the roof on the top side of the radius edge for staples poping up and the metal underneath the membrane buckling because the staples are too far apart.

I think your build date still has the Longitude awning and not the Traveler awning (check a NorthPoint or a Pinnacle built at least a month after yours to compare the difference...it is obvious which awning you will have)
Many Longitudes sound like a freight train when extending and retracting. Do it a few times. Listen for the sound coming from the the bottom arm rollers. It's not a case of needing lube. It is a known defect from Carefree.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman03842 View Post
I was able to negotiate a real good deal, Getting a little over 43% off of MSRP.

Thanks,

Greg
WOW!
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:33 PM   #14

Congrats!
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:20 AM   #15

Since you have already made the "deal", my comments will only serve as a heads up regarding your upcoming meeting with CW Indy. As has been pointed out by previous posters, great selection - that's it! We found the trailer we wanted, a 29RKS at a great price, and I'll make a long story short, our "friendly" salesman turned us over to a "closer", and although we were going to pay cash, got the F&I guy involved, and everything we had discussed with the salesman, upgrades and cosmetic reworks, were conveniently forgotten or dismissed, or went from "free" to "oh no, there is charge for that". Suffice to say, we walked (and they didn't really seem to care - there were literally people lined up to talk with salesmen), found the same trailer at another Jayco dealer, paid a little more, and couldn't be happier. ps - prior to driving to Indy, we NEVER got a return phone call or e-mail response from CW - that should have been our first clue about this dealer.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #16

We bought this same model from Camping World in Indianapolis last year and we really like it. Not so fond of this particular Camping World service dept though. On or PDI the day of pickup the dufous going over everything with us had never seen a retractable TV or a residential frig. I repeatedly asked him about how to use the fridge while not plugged in and he just kept trying to tell me that it automatically switches to gas. I finally gave up and had to dig into on my own to find out how to keep it cooling. We recently had it in for service and after 2 1/2 months we got it back and they still didn't have the awning fixed which is the main reason it was in. We have to take it back and its hard telling how long they will have it next time. I probably would not buy from this dealership again if I could find what I wanted somewhere else within a couple hundred miles or so.
Harold Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #17

Thanks,

I will definitively be doing a thorough walk through and noting anything that has excessive wear or is damaged
Old 03-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
First thing you do when you get there is open the central vac and tell them to fix the screws that are poking into where the bag attaches. I haven't seen one yet that was put together properly.
Unless you want to fix that when you get home on your own, you won't get the bag on.

The floor supports could very well be fine right now. Depending if they are the original design (You're date is close to the design change, but I doubt you have them) if they are the first design I would say they will bend by your third outing.
I just got mine fixed 3 weeks ago. It's a big pain in the rear, and takes a long time to get through the process.
And don't fall for the dealer saying "I've never heard of this"... it's a well known issue!

Check the brakes. If your controller is at max and you still think they are weak, then they won't get better. I'm still dealing with this.

Check the roof on the top side of the radius edge for staples poping up and the metal underneath the membrane buckling because the staples are too far apart.

I think your build date still has the Longitude awning and not the Traveler awning (check a NorthPoint or a Pinnacle built at least a month after yours to compare the difference...it is obvious which awning you will have)
Many Longitudes sound like a freight train when extending and retracting. Do it a few times. Listen for the sound coming from the the bottom arm rollers. It's not a case of needing lube. It is a known defect from Carefree.
I have printed this out to bring with me.

I will check the Vacuum during the PDI, I will be looking it over thoroughly.

I will check the Floor Supports, have already discussed this with Jayco and was made aware of what the newer design looks like. I asked to have some pictures taken of the supports to try and rectify any problems before I take delivery.

If the Brakes are weak I will have them bring it back in to the shop, and check for Rust after sitting there for a year, and the adjustment on them.

Have some pictures of the roof, and it looks good in the pictures, But I will look closer when I get there.

I will do some research on the Awning's. Would it be both of them?

I will be giving Jayco a call on Monday to find out what awnings are on it.

How do you like your North Point 341RLTS? Floor plan is a lot like my current 2011 Eagle 321RLTS which we liked a lot. Just wanted a Island, and some of the new features

Thanks for your help on this!!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrnigan View Post
Since you have already made the "deal", my comments will only serve as a heads up regarding your upcoming meeting with CW Indy. As has been pointed out by previous posters, great selection - that's it! We found the trailer we wanted, a 29RKS at a great price, and I'll make a long story short, our "friendly" salesman turned us over to a "closer", and although we were going to pay cash, got the F&I guy involved, and everything we had discussed with the salesman, upgrades and cosmetic reworks, were conveniently forgotten or dismissed, or went from "free" to "oh no, there is charge for that". Suffice to say, we walked (and they didn't really seem to care - there were literally people lined up to talk with salesmen), found the same trailer at another Jayco dealer, paid a little more, and couldn't be happier. ps - prior to driving to Indy, we NEVER got a return phone call or e-mail response from CW - that should have been our first clue about this dealer.
We have been in touch with the Internet Sales Manager Cody Lamprecht, and he has been great to work with. Have already informed them that I want the Paperwork to what we agreed to in my hands before I drive out there, and the Financing Copies in my hands as well. 1000 miles is to far to drive, and turn around without the RV

Thanks for your Help on this!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Pittman View Post
We bought this same model from Camping World in Indianapolis last year and we really like it. Not so fond of this particular Camping World service dept though. On or PDI the day of pickup the dufous going over everything with us had never seen a retractable TV or a residential frig. I repeatedly asked him about how to use the fridge while not plugged in and he just kept trying to tell me that it automatically switches to gas. I finally gave up and had to dig into on my own to find out how to keep it cooling. We recently had it in for service and after 2 1/2 months we got it back and they still didn't have the awning fixed which is the main reason it was in. We have to take it back and its hard telling how long they will have it next time. I probably would not buy from this dealership again if I could find what I wanted somewhere else within a couple hundred miles or so.
Glad to hear that you really like the model, would have done a 2017 315RLTS but did not really like the Bathroom setup.

This will be our 6th Jayco, It can be really frustrating getting service done sometimes. The only item I think I will need some help with is the 6 point leveling system, everything else I should already have some experience with.

Thanks for you Help on this Purchase