Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 AM   #1

Location of Tanks (Black, Gray, & Fresh)?

Hi,

Does anyone know or have a location diagram for the location of the Black, Gray, & Fresh Water tanks within the enclosed underbelly?
We have an Eagle Premier (see sig) and I'm guessing the location of the tanks on ours may be similar to most other Jayco 5th wheels, but that's only a guess.

I would like to install a Camco Tornado Flush kit in each gray tank. I did this on our previous trailer and it helped kept the sensors clean in the gray tanks. I'm trying to do a little research before starting this mod.

And the location of the fresh water tank will help identify fresh water weight impact on pin weight. For example, on our previous trailer, the fresh water tank was positioned directly over the axles, so water in the tank had minimum impact on tongue weight.

Also, what type of black tank flush kit does Jayco install at the factory?
Is it just a hose spraying in the tank or does it provide 360deg spinning rotational spray (i.e., like the Camco Tornado Flush Kit).

Thanks for your responses and info.
Tom
Old 08-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #2
Site Team

Your best bet would be to request that information directly from Jayco. Contact them at support@jayco.com and include your VIN or you will get an email requesting it.

On my Eagle they put the Gray and Black tank decals on the street side. My understanding is that this is where the tanks line up under the underbelly. Not sure if I want to believe that.

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
Your best bet would be to request that information directly from Jayco. Contact them at support@jayco.com and include your VIN or you will get an email requesting it.

On my Eagle they put the Gray and Black tank decals on the street side. My understanding is that this is where the tanks line up under the underbelly. Not sure if I want to believe that.

Don
Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried contacting Jayco first, and they informed me that since our unit is still under warranty, they would not provide any information or location diagrams.

I guess I'll have to wait until it's out of warranty to get that type of info from Jayco.

I found Jayco's reply interesting since they previously provided me with both AC & DC wiring diagrams for our unit. Since they had previously provided me with wiring diagrams, I fully expected that they would provide me with location drawings.

This is our first Jayco and so far I'm not overly impressed with their customer service. They've been unwilling to provide information or answer questions, and when they do provide answers, I've found them to be wrong after doing my own investigation. Their best customer service rep who provided me with good useful information has since left the company. Since he left, their responses have been useless.

The decals suggestion was a good one, unfortunately, Jayco did not put any decals on our unit.

There is an access panel on the underbelly behind the steps that I plan to remove to see if that provides any visual location of the tanks.

Again, thanks for the help & suggestions.
Tom
Old 10-23-2016, 09:16 AM   #4

I know this is an old thread but did you get the information regarding tank sizes and locations or determine it yourself?

I emailed Jayco CS this week but they usually take a while to get back to me with engineering drawings. I should just ask them for the entire package and not have to keep asking for each part.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #5

Got the tank layout drawings for my trailer from Jayco now.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote