Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-11-2016, 01:52 PM   #301
Senior Member
 
Magnolia Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Magnolia
Posts: 1,395
Mods to 377 RLBH?

My ceiling fan install. Dustin.ford beat me to the punch

Here's what I got from lowes.



My original 4 blade fan that barely moved any air


New Hunter fan installed


Much better air circulation now. Should really help the AC during hot summer campouts




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2016 North Point 377 RLBH, with a few mods
2014 Ford F350 Platinum, CC, 6.7PSD, DRW, air bags, Curt Q25 hitch

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #302
Member
 
Dustin.Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Key West
Posts: 41
Looks great. Meanwhile today I was trading in my 15 2500HD high country for the 16 3500HD dually high country. AND I forgot to take my airbags off, that $400 bucks that's coming out of the camper funds. Looks like the water softener and drinking water purifier for the kitchen sink are on hold. Luckily, I finally got that TV installed into the loft. AND now that I've discussed adding the television to the loft I have met my MODS to 377rlbh requirement. And should not be the reason behind an OFF TOPIC number.
__________________

Dustin.Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #303
Senior Member
 
Magnolia Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Magnolia
Posts: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin.Ford View Post
Looks great. Meanwhile today I was trading in my 15 2500HD high country for the 16 3500HD dually high country. AND I forgot to take my airbags off, that $400 bucks that's coming out of the camper funds. Looks like the water softener and drinking water purifier for the kitchen sink are on hold. Luckily, I finally got that TV installed into the loft. AND now that I've discussed adding the television to the loft I have met my MODS to 377rlbh requirement. And should not be the reason behind an OFF TOPIC number.


Man I wish I could upgrade to a '16 truck! Jealous! You may not need the airbags on the dually. I've also hit my mod limit...unless it's at the wife's suggestion. Hopefully my subliminal hints will work


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2016 North Point 377 RLBH, with a few mods
2014 Ford F350 Platinum, CC, 6.7PSD, DRW, air bags, Curt Q25 hitch

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #304
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 1,630
I think one of the best mods I did was the manual dimmer I put on the main awning...and it only cost 4 dollars.
If I want it bright I can turn on awning 2, and if I need even more bright turn the dimmer up.
Leave the lights on for fire time and on all night.. 1/3 dimmer mood lighting.

Jayco should really add this for the couple bucks it costs.
__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #305
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Greenbush, NY
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I think one of the best mods I did was the manual dimmer I put on the main awning...and it only cost 4 dollars.
If I want it bright I can turn on awning 2, and if I need even more bright turn the dimmer up.
Leave the lights on for fire time and on all night.. 1/3 dimmer mood lighting.

Jayco should really add this for the couple bucks it costs.
Did you post details on how to do this somewhere?
__________________
Be Safe, and Everyone Goes a Home,
Rick

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #306
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Loudonville
Posts: 83
After what seemed like an eternity our new camper was delivered saturday morning. Besides not being able to find the water supply turn on for the ice maker, everything went well. Even managed to get of bunch of mods done. Put the struts on overhead cabinets, maxair vent covers on roof, installed 39" tv in bunk room and moved the 32" furrion up into the loft (tight fit but DS loves it)

If Jayco can't help me locate second water valve for icemaker(found 1 behind drawer next to fridge, one under sink not there) I am considering hooking a hose up to the low point drain for the fridge. There is a barbed fitting there so should be fairly easy to solve the problem this way. Am I correct thinking this will work?

One other thing, the shower drains extremely slow. Going to bring up plunger next weekend and see if that helps.. Something could have been dropped in drain during assembly?

Also next weekend I am removing living room TV from its mount and putting in on an articulating mount. I will also be raising it a few inches so the soundbar will fit underneath. This takes away the ability to retract TV into the cabinet, but not a concern since we are seasonal and we are not going to be traveling. If all goes well TV will be at the edge of counter so it can be seen from all angles.

Thanks again to everyone here for some great ideas!!
__________________
2017 North Point 377RLBH

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #307
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
Did you post details on how to do this somewhere?
There was a thread about dimmers
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...hts-27671.html

Some guys opted for the remote dimmer and cut the awning light wires outside at the light to install.
Some, like me, opted for the manual "knob" style dimmer and hunted down the wires inside the trailer to install.
I put my dimmer just inside the basement door the basement wall so I can adjust it when I'm outside.
I didn't want the remote dimmer others were using because the remote would last one time then be lost.

I can give you more info if you are interested in doing it.

__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:34 PM   #308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYer View Post
After what seemed like an eternity our new camper was delivered saturday morning. Besides not being able to find the water supply turn on for the ice maker, everything went well. Even managed to get of bunch of mods done. Put the struts on overhead cabinets, maxair vent covers on roof, installed 39" tv in bunk room and moved the 32" furrion up into the loft (tight fit but DS loves it)

If Jayco can't help me locate second water valve for icemaker(found 1 behind drawer next to fridge, one under sink not there) I am considering hooking a hose up to the low point drain for the fridge. There is a barbed fitting there so should be fairly easy to solve the problem this way. Am I correct thinking this will work?

One other thing, the shower drains extremely slow. Going to bring up plunger next weekend and see if that helps.. Something could have been dropped in drain during assembly?

Also next weekend I am removing living room TV from its mount and putting in on an articulating mount. I will also be raising it a few inches so the soundbar will fit underneath. This takes away the ability to retract TV into the cabinet, but not a concern since we are seasonal and we are not going to be traveling. If all goes well TV will be at the edge of counter so it can be seen from all angles.

Thanks again to everyone here for some great ideas!!
Upstate, attaching the hose to the low point drain will work, but becareful...if they ran the hose over to where the valve was expected to be under the sink floor and failed to install the valve, then you could have a hose with nothing on the end and a bunch of water shooting into the belly of your new rig.
__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:43 AM   #309
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Springfield
Posts: 157
I put color dimmable LED lights on mine and they are much better than the bright white.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...lor-35966.html
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #310
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Greenbush, NY
Posts: 598
Got some solid work done on the 377 today.

I got the solar controller back from the mfgr, so I re-mounted and tested it, and the interior remote panel for it. Both work flawlessly now. I can't say enough about Marc Loring, at Rogue Power Technology. He took in a five year old controller, diagnosed the problem, replaced a failed capacitor, updated the firmware, and sent it all back, and THEN called it all "warranty" work! Most bigger companies would have told me that it wasn't reparable, tossed it in the trash, and tried to sell me another. Rogue, and Marc, clearly understand "customer service"!

I also opened up the back-side of the water / utility control panel. I changed-out the faucet to the faucet discussed earlier in this thread, with the removable coiled hose. I also added a ShurFlo Water Accumulator, to keep the water pump from cycling every time that a faucet is opened. Had one on my old TT, and really liked the results, so I added one here.

A small box arrived by UPS and it was my new TST 507 Flo-through TPS System. Almost dark now, so I'll install it another day. But I can start reading-up on it tonight! Finally, a HUGE box arrived by UPS, and it's all of the new dishes, glasses, utensils, etc that the wife ordered to "update" the kitchen. She's unpacking the box, into the dishwasher, as I type.....
__________________

__________________
Be Safe, and Everyone Goes a Home,
Rick

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.