Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2016, 09:13 PM   #1

Revolution Pinbox Pictures

I know there has been a lot of discussion about the Revolution Pinbox, but I don't recall seeing any images of how effective it is at giving more space to maneuver. So, I took some pictures with it in the traditional setup and then with the wedge installed and the pivot unlocked.

For reference, this is a 2016 29.5BHDS with 16" wheels on my 6.5' bed F350, leveled with a Icon kit, OEM underbed rails (puck system), and a B&W Companion OEM hitch.

First with the pivot locked

Then with the pivot unlocked and the wedge installed

Sorry for the hand in the picture, the sun was right in the crack between the camper and the truck.

There is obviously plenty of space to turn even further.

Hope this helps somebody out who might be debating the Revolution as an option or debating adding a Sidewinder.

-bsd
bigskydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #2

Love my revolution!! I have a 6.5ft box and could tow without it but the extra room and not having to worry about what's in the bed is well worth it.
I just want know what I can do about the rust running out of it when it rains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #3

I like my revolution too. I have a tonneau cover so it doesnt get wet. Id like to know how to get rid of the creek when turning slowly.

My Mods Page
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-35390.html
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #4

I use the Revolution for my 6.75 ft. bed. I may get by without it, but like the insurance it gives me when making tight turns. A little tricky hooking up with the wedge, but it gets easier the more its done. I also see some rust in the bed of my truck from the Revolution hitch.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #5

I have said this before. I’ve only had this one fifth-wheel, so it is all I know. My tow vehicle is a short-bed Chevy. I did my homework before I ordered my 5er and ordered it with the Reese Revolution. I did not want any “cab to nose” issues plus, I did not wish the weight of the unit, on the truck, to move during turns. As per a slider. After owning and pulling the unit for several years, I have reached the conclusion that even if I have a long bed tow vehicle, I would still have a Reese Revolution on my unit. Forget the “cab to nose” turning issues, having one, frees up so much more hauling space in the bed of the tow vehicle. Nothing turns/moves down inside the bed of the tow vehicle, thus, one can pile stuff up to the bottom of the 5er if one chooses.

Shorty
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote