Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #1

Question Walk through question

I'm going in to do my walk through tomorrow with the dealer.. because of crazy scheduling though I'm not actually going to be able to hook up and haul the rv away until the following day after the walk through. I was told by a 3rd party that a majority of the time will be spent hooking the truck up and making adjustments.. does that seem right?

I've heard of people spending hours for inspection and I have a hard time believing that most of that time is working on getting the rv level with the truck. I was under the impression that once the walk through was done the actual hooking it up to the truck wouldn't be that time intensive?
Jarnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #2

It will be time intensive if your WDH isn't set up and you will want to make sure it is done correctly. This is one time you do not want to hurry!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
Site Team

The first time will be longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #4

Given the issue some have found you need to check everything! Make them fix it before you sign the check!

Make them fill it with water and turn on the water pump first thing. After all the air is out, leave it on with all the faucets closed. Listen for any cycling of the pump, that could mean a leak. Also make them connect shore water and check that, without the pump, of course.

Check, Hot water heater, refrig on both gas and electric, slides in and out (also look to make sure seals are seated properly and slide closes evenly).

Check all appliances, AC, Microwave, Lights, Stove, Oven. Furnace, Radio, Television.

Make sure all systems work on both battery and when plugged in. The only thing that won't work on battery should be TV, AC, and Microwave.

Make sure battery is charging from the convertor.

Check all outlets.

Go up on the roof and look for any issues. Making them spray a bunch of water on top might not be a bad idea.

See if you can get them to do a pressure test to find leaks. This is the surest way to detect pinhole leaks.

And this list was just off the top of my head!

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnae View Post
I'm going in to do my walk through tomorrow with the dealer.. because of crazy scheduling though I'm not actually going to be able to hook up and haul the rv away until the following day after the walk through. I was told by a 3rd party that a majority of the time will be spent hooking the truck up and making adjustments.. does that seem right?

I've heard of people spending hours for inspection and I have a hard time believing that most of that time is working on getting the rv level with the truck. I was under the impression that once the walk through was done the actual hooking it up to the truck wouldn't be that time intensive?
IMO, concentrate on your Pre-Delivery Inspection to be sure things work , don't leak, and look right, just like others have posted.

Are you buying a travel trailer and is the dealer installing a Weight Distributing Hitch for you? If so, that can take a while. Can you plan on having the hitch install and setup done on the following day so it doesn't take time and attention away from your PDI?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
IMO, concentrate on your Pre-Delivery Inspection to be sure things work , don't leak, and look right, just like others have posted.

Are you buying a travel trailer and is the dealer installing a Weight Distributing Hitch for you? If so, that can take a while. Can you plan on having the hitch install and setup done on the following day so it doesn't take time and attention away from your PDI?
Hitch will already be installed when I show up the second day. It's a B&W and for the most part should be ready to go. The only thing I'm concerned about is how long the 'adjustments' may take because I wont have the hitch ready on the first day. So they want to do inspection the first day, then pick up the second day. I assume I don't sign anything until I hitch it to the truck and pull out.
Jarnae is offline   Reply With Quote