Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2015, 10:54 PM   #1

2015 Whitehawk 28DSBH issues

I bought the new 2015 Whitehawk a few months back, I was very impressed with the build and amenities of it, although there are some flaws... The dinette backrest on the seat next to the leather couch was only stapled and it only took a few weeks for that to come apart. But I have since used screws to re fasten it to the frame and it has held a lot better! Also some of the wood skins or laminate on the entertainment center has started to peel off, I have yet to glue it back on because I'm not sure on what to use, any suggestions?
The straps that hold the master bedroom doors open while traveling have also failed on both doors while traveling as the screws pull out of the wood and that caused all kinds of minor damage on the sliding doors! As well as the strap that holds the curtain to the bunk beds, the kids have already ripped that down, but I have fixed all straps by doubling them over and drilling a new hole. Anyone else having any minor issues like this?
Old 09-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #2

DTKing Welcome to the club.
You are not alone the issues that you are having are typical of Jayco and others. The main vender items that Jayco doesn’t build for the most part are reliable. You will learn a lot about your trailer in the first few trips. One of your big decisions is do I take it back to the dealer or do I make the repairs. Most of us choose to do the repairs because of the inconvenience of returning to the dealer. You have to weigh the quality control issue against the enjoyment of camping. When we get frustrated with your type of issues I repair them if I can and we go camping and it makes everything better. Enjoy the ride!

ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

Okay, I was just making sure mine wasn't the only one! That's what I have been doing is repairing as I go! Thanks again
Old 09-18-2015, 09:56 PM   #4

Hi and welcome to the form. We are first time trailer owners ourselves this year and I was given what I think was sound advice from our saleswoman. When we made our purchase, she said to take it out for the camping year and unless I have any major issues, go out and enjoy the trailer and don't bring it in each time for any little issues that need fixing. Wait till the end of the season and keep a list of things that need to be done. It can take a while to have all the repairs fixed. Here in Canada, it can take about 4 weeks for my dealership to get parts from Jayco. Happy Camping!
#1Remembories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:59 AM   #5

Thanks! I'm two hours away from my dealer, so I've decided to do all the minor repairs myself! Anything major I will take it in! I love it though!
Old 09-19-2015, 03:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Remembories View Post
Hi and welcome to the form. We are first time trailer owners ourselves this year and I was given what I think was sound advice from our saleswoman. When we made our purchase, she said to take it out for the camping year and unless I have any major issues, go out and enjoy the trailer and don't bring it in each time for any little issues that need fixing. Wait till the end of the season and keep a list of things that need to be done. It can take a while to have all the repairs fixed. Here in Canada, it can take about 4 weeks for my dealership to get parts from Jayco. Happy Camping!
We had a similar experience. Took the TT in at the end of the season with a list of minor stuff that needed to be addressed, and all was taken care of no questions asked. We are about 100 miles from the dealer, so not a convenient trip.

Enjoy your trailer!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote