Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #31
Motorbreath, I tend to agree. I have had several issues with my 28DSBH and I met some folks who have one and agrees, the finishing craftsmanship is terrible. I am always fixing something - I think mine was built on Friday. I am always replacing screws, fixing cheap fixtures, hinges, etc. It started with a new set of axles six months after purchase, medicine cabinet fell off the wall, dinette bench door appear to be cardboard where the hinge and latch is screwed in - cardboard.

We purchase ours new with the Jayplus plan and so far between my dealership and Jayplus, I have not paid for anything out of pocket so that makes me happy - as long as that continues. I think we all know the key is make it your own and do things the right way, the way Jayco - the best selling camper on the market, should have done.

2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L RWD
Eaglechief_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #32
I was very interested in a 28DSBH, but it was too far above my budget so I went with the 28BHBE. We did not purchase the extended warranty, my understanding is that we have the option up until the standard warranty expires (but not after). After the first two years, were there significant repairs needed? I am hoping that after we work out the kinks during the standard warranty period, we will have a few trouble free years afterwards until wear-and-tear starts to kick in.

I am confident that I can repair everything in the trailer other than the exterior siding, but the extended warranty is tempting because I can just drop it off and avoid the hassle!

motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:21 PM   #33
I had the same thing happen to my 2017 jayflight 28bhbe, a screw caught the vinyl floor when the slide went out. what was your outcome to the ripped floor? do you have any pictures?

trashman is offline   Reply With Quote