Can See Some Mods Coming on 2015 Jayflight 28BHBE
I spent yesterday afternoon and early evening reviewing our new travel trailer. I can see some mods coming, and wonder how others have approached the following:
(1) The “wheel well” is not a “well” at all – it is open at each end. This is in contrast to my 1995 Jayco Eagle, which had a definite “well”. All kind of road gunk splashes up on the underside of the trailer on the outer edges. My thinking is to fashion some type of end plates out of heavy plastic. Has anybody else noticed this problem and tackled this issue?
(2) There are no fans to the exterior in the ceiling. My 1995 Jayco Eagle had three fans. I guess I just did not notice that these were not on there – perhaps because I was looking at trailers in January and February. I have done some reading on the Fantastic Vent fan - looks good, nice exterior covers. Can these be added without a ton of work? I would think the biggest issue would be fishing power lines to the fan. I was thinking I might have the dealer do this so that there will be no warranty issues. Anybody have experience with this issue?
(3) There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom. There is a skylight over the shower stall. I wonder if a ceiling fan may be possible. If it is too many openings in the ceiling too close together, would it be possible to do an exhaust fan out the wall, much like the exhaust fan over the stove? Again, I think that this might be a dealer install to ensure there will be no warranty questions in the future.
(4) The wiring up near the tongue is rather messy. I think I’ll organize more neatly and place in split loom.
(5) I have a 42 gallon Barker sewer tote tank. There are bracket kits to store the tote on the end of trailer on the Barker website. I would like to install the bracket kit and store on the end of the trailer. Has anyone done this? Maybe another dealer installation item to ensure warranty?
(6) There are no leveling bubbles on the trailer – another thing I did not notice. MY 1995 Jayco Eagle had a number of bubbles nicely placed around the trailer. These appear easy to install – locate the wall stud, screw on, and seal carefully. I am a little hesitant on anything that penetrates the outer skin during the warranty period.
I am sure more will come to mind over time.
2012 Ram 2500 CC CTD
2015 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE