Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Does your Eagle have a 15k BTU AC? Does the Honda spin it up?
I have the 13.5k.
Yeah, the Honda keeps it all working just fine; although when demand is high, the Honda purrs a little louder.
I've received several comments, and thank yous, for how quiet the Honda is compared to most at the campgrounds.

Super Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
My father has a 3000i which is a bit quieter and longer run time but it is heavy to lift and move by yourself.
I put a aftermarket wheel kit on mine. Pneumatic tires, makes moving it around a lot easier. The EU3000is is not a genny to just 'hoss' around where you need it unless you have two people.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
My father has a 3000i which is a bit quieter and longer run time but it is heavy to lift and move by yourself.
Yeah, you wouldn't want to lift it in and out of a truck bed by yourself on a regular basis. That's why mine is permanently mounted on a tongue rack. I only had to lift it once to install and then I'll do it again if I ever sell the TT.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:46 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenwald48 View Post
Yeah, you wouldn't want to lift it in and out of a truck bed by yourself on a regular basis. That's why mine is permanently mounted on a tongue rack. I only had to lift it once to install and then I'll do it again if I ever sell the TT.
Do you have a picture?
I'm currently lifting it in and out of my F350.....
Old 01-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Eagle View Post
Do you have a picture?
I'm currently lifting it in and out of my F350.....
I don't have a generator mounted on my trailer tray, but I have my bikes mounted on it.

But here is a photo of the trailer tray with a generator (although not the Honda).

RVUpgrades has the cheapest price and free shipping: Under $200.
Gotta watch your tongue weight however.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Trail...F8227F5463A11B
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcs1776 View Post
While I am frugal, I simply couldn't bring myself to try the Harbor Freight models. I have heard they are noisy.

Sent via mobile - Chris

I hear that, the HF decibel rating is pretty high according to their specs - which are usually wrong/low.

Speaking of sound, Yeti cooler company was outside the Cabelas doing gift wrapping in a custom camper-trailer. They had a larger Honda (6000 or 7000 series) generator sitting there powering the whole thing. I stepped right over the cord going into the store and heard this low humming noise. It was the generator about 3 feet from me and I easily could have not noticed it - and it was running.
johnarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
I don't have a generator mounted on my trailer tray, but I have my bikes mounted on it.

But here is a photo of the trailer tray with a generator (although not the Honda).

RVUpgrades has the cheapest price and free shipping: Under $200.
Gotta watch your tongue weight however.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Trail...F8227F5463A11B
I'm not sure if there is space in front of my cap because the propane tanks are hidden within the cap. I will have to check.
Thanks.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnarose View Post
We all know how iffy HF is, but wonder if someone has bought a HF 2000is equivalent and tried it out?
There's a fellow Coloradoan who's bought two of the newer ones. He's happy. He posted on Youtube.

I'll see if I can find the link:

Here he is:

pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #29

We're considering adding a genny also. Even tho I'm a Honda guy at heart, Champion has my attention right now. Having lost power a couple times this past weekend, the one who must be obeyed understands that having something at the ready might just keep the inside temp above igloo levels. ( 5 hours no power inside temp fell to 54 degrees - outside was 6 and slipping ) back to the genny . . .

Here's a review of one option

https://youtu.be/iC6A1SMldcc
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:52 PM   #30

Buy a Honda EU series if you can and never look back,, You will thank yourself many times a long time from now, because it will still be running for you with no problems if you take care of it. I would hate to be camping somewhere and at 2 am in the morning the other brand generator shuts off and wont start again as your standing outside in your PJs while it rains. I'm kinda bias, I splurged on buying 1 eu 15 years ago and went back 5 years later and got another so I could run them in parallel and two years ago went and got the eu7000 for my first TH and now there all a paper weight except when I start them up about every four weeks or so. If Honda made a 50 amp one I would swap that baby in where the onan is on my trailer. Honda has done its homework on there generators, take a minute and go read the reviews about them or the brand your thinking of getting.