It actually is quite dangerous - what I'm doing. Now, I'm very comfortable with dangerous activities and motorsports, so don't try to follow me unless you are prepared. Here are the top reasons you should be prepared.
1) You are going to areas where there is NO cell phone coverage.
2) You could be far from any paved road. Plan on walking miles and miles to reach another human. I can walk about 5 miles before I just can't take it anymore. I have tested that a few times....so I know how far out I can safely be.
3) You could get stuck - very easily. Can tow truck get to you? Probably not. AARP, USAA, AAA all will hang up on you when you tell them where you are...hahahaha!
4) There are big, dangerous animals, but I don't put too much worry into this one.
5) Escaped convicts - you never know who you might run into out there.
6) Slippery, muddy, wet hills. UPHILL and DOWNHILL. You have to think about what I go UP, can I come DOWN?
7) Cliffs - I often tow on dirt roads in the mountains, that have no rail or safety...lol! You could slide right off the side and tumble over and over, exploding in a FIREBALL at the bottom because you are towing liquid fuel that has ruptured onto the exhaust pipes! If you slip in this game, you are dead.
Anybody wanna try my style of 4X4 boondocking??