Jay Flight 33BHTS Owners...some questions for you
I have some questions for those of you that own the Jay Flight 33BHTS. We currently have the 2011 Jay Feather 29L, which we love (outside kitchens are a must now), however, we are considering a larger TT for our growing family of 5 (deeper slides, more slides, a larger bathroom and increased fresh/grey/black tank capacities being our main goals). This model stands out considering these goals. My questions to current owners are...
(1) The corner shower and bathroom space in the 33BHTS look larger than what we have in our 29L. Is the bathroom and shower as large as pictures make it appear? Is the shower full size?
(2) Given the significant length of the 33BHTS, do you feel limited as to what your options are for camping spaces (I am figuring it's about 4' longer than ours)?
(3) We would have to upgrade our tow vehicle from our F150 to the F250. Truck specifications tell me that the F250 with 6.2L V8 gas engine is a good fit for the 33BHTS. What is your experience on pull handling?
(4) The best price I've seen is $26,400 (supposedly knocked down from the mid-30s). Is this a fair price?
(5) With the kitchen slide located on the 'living space' side of this TT, 2 questions I have are (1) Does the awning hit this slide when you move the awning down to it's lowest position? (2) Do you feel that this slide, when extended for camping, breaks up the outside living space/feels in the way?
(6) Is there anything else from your experience of owning this model that I should know as we continue to consider one?
I did look at 5th wheels and see there is a new (as of 2014) 34.5BHTS, which is sweet but costs about $42,000. I can't justify $16,000 more as I see few advantages over the 33BHTS for that much more....if anyone disagrees with this conclusion, please challenge me.
Thanks in advance!
2011 Jayco 29L w/Outside Kitchen
Reese Straight-Line WDH
2001 F250 Lariat 6.8L Crew w/Long Bed
Honda EU2000i Generator