Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #1

Need help with the dinette table.

The table is smarter than I am, and my wife for that matter. We can't figure out how to lower it. And there are no instructions in the Bag of material we got when we bought the trailer new a few days ago.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #2

Different trailer but mine just sits on two posts that slide into 2 bases on the floor. Just pull up and remove the posts. Table top then rests between the U shaped dinette to be used as a bed...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #3

I also have a JayFlight and did not like the pole design for the table. It was not sturdy. I then removed the poles from the table and using the same tabletop screw a scissor type base that was more solid and also permitted height adjustment. I bought it from "RV Surplus" Here is the link to the table base: [IMG][URL="http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/products.php?
morrisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #4

Converting the dinette to the bed position
Remove all the cushions from the booth dinette. Lift up the tabletop and remove the detachable table legs. Place the tabletop on the ledges provided between the booth dinette
benches. Lay the seat back cushions against the back of the dinette bench. Lay the dinette
seat bottom cushions in between the seat back cushions. The area where the cushions meet
should be slightly raised. Push the raised cushion ends down gently as the cushions are
designed to fit snugly. Reverse this process when converting back to the booth dinette.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
The table is smarter than I am, and my wife for that matter. We can't figure out how to lower it. And there are no instructions in the Bag of material we got when we bought the trailer new a few days ago.
If its the scissor type legs, we have to place the table upside down, take a hammer and tap on the leg to get it started moving down. We finally took ours out and use the small table. We do not need it for the bed. Plus, it gives us more room inside. We have the 2017 Jay feather x254.
Msbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #6

Mine is very different from that. It doesn't have poles like your's does. It can be taken out side, or it can fold half way down in order to make the bed. I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the darn thing fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Different trailer but mine just sits on two posts that slide into 2 bases on the floor. Just pull up and remove the posts. Table top then rests between the U shaped dinette to be used as a bed...

Old 07-04-2017, 04:10 PM   #7

Thanks, but mine is not that type. My table top folds in some manner to the height to make the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Phyllis View Post
Converting the dinette to the bed position
Remove all the cushions from the booth dinette. Lift up the tabletop and remove the detachable table legs. Place the tabletop on the ledges provided between the booth dinette
benches. Lay the seat back cushions against the back of the dinette bench. Lay the dinette
seat bottom cushions in between the seat back cushions. The area where the cushions meet
should be slightly raised. Push the raised cushion ends down gently as the cushions are
designed to fit snugly. Reverse this process when converting back to the booth dinette.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:10 PM   #8

Look at the link in my earlier post and it takes you directly to the folding solution we used.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #9

Our table came with those folding style legs. I just can't get the thing to fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisg View Post
Look at the link in my earlier post and it takes you directly to the folding solution we used.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #10

Is it the table frame with the yellow button
ACE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #11

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE! View Post
Is it the table frame with the yellow button

Old 07-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #12

This is the folding table stand that I purchased, and then attached the table top. It folds and adjust to the sleeping position that allows you to use the area as another sleeping area.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #13

I can't make it fold. Looks like it should be simple. The Tech who did the walk through made it fold. Unfortunately, I didn't take the time to try to do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisg View Post

This is the folding table stand that I purchased, and then attached the table top. It folds and adjust to the sleeping position that allows you to use the area as another sleeping area.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #14

Here is how you do it.

Flip the small yellow lever and pull the dinette top toward you while simultaneously pushing downward on the table top. The legs will scissor downward and it will fold right down to your dinette bed supports. It took me a few attempts to figure it out. It will be easier if you step on the base of the table legs.
ScottyLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #15

I finally figured it out. Table was smarter than me for a while. It's working now.

Still not sure I like it better than two table legs. There is a lot of stuff to kick underneath this new table.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:17 AM   #16

OP thx for posting I have the exact same table with the myterious yellow button. I can't get mine to close but will try again today.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:46 AM   #17

Oh yes, those table legs are the worst thing they've come up with in newer trailers. They are a pain to collapse. We take our table outside. More floor space and it gets more use outside. Those new legs are bulky and make it really hard to take the table outside.

I replaced them with the old style folding legs which are really hard to find now. Our table got wet in a bad storm and swelled on one side. I had a friend make a new one from cedar. It's 1/3 as heavy, water proof, and looks 10 times better than the original one. Materials cost me $50 but it was well worth it.

DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:55 AM   #18

You are correct about the new table legs. Before I was "intimately" involved in the new type of table legs, I thought they were great things. Now not so much. They are bulky, heavy, and really get in the way of legs.

I like the ones you went back to. They are lighter, easier to deploy, and not nearly as bulky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Oh yes, those table legs are the worst thing they've come up with in newer trailers. They are a pain to collapse. We take our table outside. More floor space and it gets more use outside. Those new legs are bulky and make it really hard to take the table outside.

I replaced them with the old style folding legs which are really hard to find now. Our table got wet in a bad storm and swelled on one side. I had a friend make a new one from cedar. It's 1/3 as heavy, water proof, and looks 10 times better than the original one. Materials cost me $50 but it was well worth it.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #19

You slide the yellow Lever (not button) to the right. It only moves a little one direction, then with your foot against the horizontal leg of the table, pull hard toward yourself. It will move towards you, then down, then swing back into itself. I would try this in the open area of your RV. It took me a bit to figure. Raising it again is almost more challenging. You
Need to hold the table foot again and pull and lift the table. It might try to swivel only the front or back, you'll know what I mean. I imagine if you flip the table over it could be easier.

Good luck don't pinch your fingers
Old 07-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #20

Sorry I didn't see everyone response already. I'm a newbie