Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimw606 View Post
I don't mean to high jack this post, but a small tackle box is a great place to carry extra fuses. bulbs,etc. for trailer and Tow Vehicle.
That's a great idea, and it beats the zip lock bag I have to go fishing around in! You can get those little plastic screw boxes at Harbor Freight for about $2. I use a small one in my RV tool bag for spare screws and other fasteners, but it would be GREAT for fuses and bulbs!

Thanks!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #22

FIC 3500 Jack: Rotate Head

We have a new Jayco 24RBS with a FIC 3500 hitch jack. The hatch on my tow vehicle just hits the jack head by about 3/4" when it is opened. Is there a way to rotate the jack head so that the hatch misses the head when it is opened?

twokamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:57 PM   #23

Put jack stands under the frame, raise tongue jack foot, remove the three mount bolts, turn it where you want it (watch/reroute wires) Put bolts back in. Makes no difference which way it faces, other than the light.
Tim L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L View Post
Put jack stands under the frame, raise tongue jack foot, remove the three mount bolts, turn it where you want it (watch/reroute wires) Put bolts back in. Makes no difference which way it faces, other than the light.
Thank you Tim. Have you done that? Is there any reason I couldn't rotate the post while hitched to the vehicle?
twokamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #25

No reason. That would work fine.
Tim L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #26

Does anyone know where the fuse is on this unit? I was trying to find a manuel online and can't find one so far. The kid at the dealer told me to keep an extra fuse just in case. I am trying to find the fuse or type of fuse I should buy.
DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #27

It's BETWEEN the battery and the jack post. Follow the wiring on the tongue. It should be a black rubber lump on the wire that pops open to reveal the fuse.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #28

Sorry, I just went back and read previous pages which tells me some of my answers, I think. I have a new 2016 Jay Flight and I assume I have the same FIC3500 everyone else has. The kid at the dealer pointed to the unit when he told us to get an extra fuse. We assumed it would be easy to find. However our tongue jack will not work unless it is hooked up to the truck. My husband found one fuse under the hood of our truck...when he took it out, the power jack will not work. We are just trying to figure it all out...new trailer....
I would appreciate any info anyone has....or has figured out. Thanks.
DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
Sorry, I just went back and read previous pages which tells me some of my answers, I think. I have a new 2016 Jay Flight and I assume I have the same FIC3500 everyone else has. The kid at the dealer pointed to the unit when he told us to get an extra fuse. We assumed it would be easy to find. However our tongue jack will not work unless it is hooked up to the truck. My husband found one fuse under the hood of our truck...when he took it out, the power jack will not work. We are just trying to figure it all out...new trailer....
I would appreciate any info anyone has....or has figured out. Thanks.
Check out this discussion too:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...m-20050-2.html

I made a crude drawing of how my trailer is wired. The fuse for the jack is a 30A ATC Automotive fuse found just about anywhere (not the mini ones) and on your trailer it is in a weather resistant boot (like Mike explained above). The 12V on your trailer is fed by the 12V feed in your 7-pin truck plug, diagrams are readily available on the interwebz, so just find one and you can test each of your pins with a simple volt meter.

You will find out that jack is really a piece of junk. Mine got water in it (despite my best efforts to prevent that) and just never worked right again after that. So I replaced it with a Husky Brute 4500 lb jack; MUCH better piece of equipment.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #30

Smile

I notice there are quite a few who are looking for the manufacturer name on the FIC 3500 Electric Jacks. Fastec Industrial is a division of Wesco as the lady told several of you. FIC also manufacturers door lock cylinders for RV camper doors. They also, if you go to their website, fastecindustrial.com they have a printable manual and pictures of the FIC-3500. They are located at 2219 Eddie Williams Rd, Johnson City, TN 37601, phone 1-800-837-2505. Hope this helps you all out-----------

fburris is offline   Reply With Quote