Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2016, 08:58 AM   #11
I had same problem over Thanksgiving. We normally do most of our dishes outside pouring water out of jugs not to use the tank so much. With more dishes and colder we used the inside sink more. I had to refill in the rain, at night, and cut up a water bottle for a funnel. My plan is that I have our old pop up that I am going to strip for a utility trailer. I am planning on taking the pump for it and make into a transfer pump. Then while winterizing, I used the built in winterizing hose for putting pink stuff in the lines. I realized that at least as a short term solution, I could use that to suck out of my water jug, just might have to get a slightly longer hose. I want to look at that closer to see if I can figure a way to back flow that back into the main tank.

Mike - '73, DW - '78, DS - '04, DD - '08
2007 Jayco Jayflight 254 - 2003 Ford F-150
Buckeye Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #12
We bought this pump:

I got a 1ft square piece of 1/2" plywood and attached to the base of the pump. I use the short hose that comes with the pump to pull the water out of a 6 gal jerrycan and use the 25 ft water hose attached to the pump output with a filler nozzle into the water tank fill port. It takes about a minute to drain the jerrycan.

2013 Ford F150 SCrew EcoBoost Max Tow
2016 White Hawk 27DSRL
Husky CenterLine WDH
CaptRon53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #13
Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
For me the simple things will work; I use 4 or 8 - 1 gallon water bottles and a milk crate(s). First of all one gallon jugs are easy to handle; they also fit on the bicycles handle bars (2). Yes just a few more trips to the water hole, but then camping is fun and we need exercise and meeting people............lol
2014 Ram 1500 CrewCab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 3.92 Rear and Air Lift 1000
2005 Jayco Jay Feather LGT - 29Y GVWR-6500 lbs.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #14
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
I found a pump that's powered by 2 AA batteries and is designed to pump Kerosene into portable heaters. It's shaped like a "wand" and is about 18" long, with a "sump pump styled" intake at the bottom, and a flexible hose attached near the top. I set my chair-side table under my gravity fill and stack my two 5 gal. jugs on top. I insert the pump, turn it on, and it will drain the jug in about 4 minutes. With the two 5 gal. jugs, it takes 6 trips to the campground fill spigot to completely fill my tanks (about 45 min. work), but I only have to do it about once a week. The batteries last for about 3-4 fill-ups, but I always have AA batteries for TV remotes, elect. tooth brush, etc.

Works really well for me!
Brownie, do you have a link or brand of the wand pump you are referring to. Sounds like it would be a great solution with rechargeable AA batteries !
2015 Eagle 284BHBE

2010 Ford F150 XLT 5.4 Maxtow, Coverking Seat Covers, Putco LED interiors, Kenwood DNX571TR GPS, Kicker Powerstage, Weathertech Floor Mats and Window Vents, Line-X, Firestone Airbags, Michelin LTX-MS2, LivewireTS 5 Star tuned, Propride 3P
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #15
I use this one for refilling my fresh water tank if I don't have water at the site. I use a clean 5 gallon bucket. It will lift water high enough that you can just leave it sitting on the ground. Works great. I store the pump inside the bucket and just snap a lid on the bucket to keep it all together.

Robot Check
2016 Jay Flight 33RBTS
2008 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.4l
On The Lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:24 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Skaling View Post
Put the 7 gallon water tote on the roof of your jeep or somewhere higher than your trailer fill and siphon the water into you gravity fill on your trailer using a hose that will fit without you holding it.
I tried this siphon method in our last camping trip and was surprised how SIMPLE and EASY it was to fill the fresh water tank.
The best part in that method is that once it is set up, you can LEAVE it be until the job is done, no extra tools/hardware require - I reuse the RV fresh city water hose that I always have with me anyway.

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2015 Jayco SLX 184BH
+ Andersen No Sway WDH
Dream Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:26 AM   #17

Sorry it took so long to reply. Don't have a picture or a link, but I think I bought it at True Value or Tractor Supply. It's made to use for pumping kerosene from a large container into a kerosene heater. My current host site has elect. & sewer, but no water. The campground has installed water spigots that you simply can't connect a water bandit to. Since I'm here for two months, my little wand-pump is getting a workout. I'll try to snap a picture later today when I refill my tanks again.

2013 Eagle 266RKS
2011 Ford F-150 w/3.5L Ecoboost & H.D. Tow Package
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote