Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Site Team
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Not here in Texas. The State and Corp of Engineer Parks almost always have much larger sites than private parks.
Here too.

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #12
We pretty much stick to the Corps of Engineer parks as I've found them to be the nicest, and most bang for your buck. I've also found that the gate attendants are (almost) always nicer and more laid back... state parks have a LOT of rules (many of which I don't agree with), but I digress.

Back to the topic at hand, I would LOVE to have a 32" TV in my trailer, but it won't fit on the swivel. I *think* a 26" will fit, and may try it, if I can find one cheap enough.

I agree with you on some of the upgrades... some of them are nice, but not sure if they are worth the money. The counters sure are pretty, but I don't have solid surface in my house, so it's not a big deal to me to not have them in the trailer. It would be nice to have a pull out faucet, but we end up washing most of the dishes outside anyway because the sink is small (I tend to make a mess), and the grey tank is small as well. I wish Jayco would have put a reasonably sized set of tanks on a trailer this large... they have the same size tanks on much smaller trailers; a trailer designed to sleep 10 people ought to have tanks larger than 32ga, but I digress again.

I think I like the cabinets without the mirrors in the bedroom... too much reflection and glare created by mirrors int he bedroom. I can always look on the backside of the swivel TV, or go in the bathroom if I want to see myself, but I reckon that changes depending on what people use their trailers for.

All of that said, I absolutely LOVE the way the Eagle Superlite looks. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I may have sprung for the upgrade for that reason alone. I like the way my G2 looks as well, but............

Anyhow, my vote is with the bigger trailer as well. I don't think you'll ever regret the extra space, even if it means you have to hunt a little harder for a spot to fit it in.

'11 G2 32BHDS
TexasA&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #13
OH, and even this 40ish girl can drive it! I'm still working on the back-in part, but no mishaps yet!
Another note- If we just had 2 kids, we would of definitely bought a smaller BH model. Because we have 3 & none want to sleep with another and we didn't want to transform dinette or couch into a bed every night, this model was an excellent choice. I know Jayco has the 29QBH model, but our dealer didn't have one. Anyway, we've found we can't live without the outside kitchen and bathroom door. I like my kids to have clean hands before meals & the outside sink was a blessing. They love the fridge too! Stocked full of pop, which is a special treat for them.

2012 Jayflight 32bhds
CruizinKim is offline   Reply With Quote