Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-15-2015, 12:43 PM   #31
This was my first summer towing with rear timbrens. I have had them on the front of my Tahoe for years and when we upgraded to the camper we are in now, I couldn't get the sag out of the truck with just the wdh. I installed the timbrens and have been very pleased while towing. My truck is 12 years old now and has a bunch of miles on it, so the springs have warn and the vehicle constantly sits on the timbrens, so the ride empty is like riding in a lumber wagon as my wife says, but really cleans up with the camper on.

'97 Jayco Eagle 314BHS

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #32
I had a 2012 F-150 Ecoboost w/ 3.72 gears. No issues towing my 5'er. I did upgrade the suspension and added Timbrens. Eventually, I realized I was asking this truck to do more than it was designed to do. I miss the F-150, but towing with a 2500 is a breeze. Besides, I want to start going thru the Smokies and go out west. The F-150 would be way out of its league on that terrain. Flat terrain mixed with caution, it can be done. People underestimate the power and torque of a Ecoboost. In the end, it is not all about the power and torque.

2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS

2014 Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote