Found this Jayco Owners forum while working through a head scratcher on my 12V system. Glad to find and offer help as I go. Read a bunch of others' posts and haven't found my problem yet.
I run a 2006 Jay Feather 19H. Had my 12V battery go dead on my last trip (boobdocking) and the system wouldn't take/hold a charge via a generator either. Took the newish battery back and it had a failed cell.
New battery in - but now I am blowing the 12V inline fuse on the battery positive lead. Here is what I've done thus far:
1) Checked the battery - giving 12V
2) Connected to shore power - all AC AND 12V systems go
3) Checked all outlets with a multimeter - working at 120V
4) checked all internal fuses - intact
5) Since the 12V system works on AC, I'm assuming the converter still works (false assumption??)
6) Assuming this means I have a wire short between the 12V battery and the converter somewhere...but tracing it back, I can't find anything.
Battery systems are less intuitive to me - so did I miss something above? Suggestions on next steps?
Thanks in advance!