Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2017, 07:30 PM   #1

Key Question

We just purchased a 2013 Jayco Sport 10 today, The first question I have come up with is about the Keys, The previous owner had one key, it works the lock in the door that is in place while towing, but will not work in the lock on the full size door when popped up. Are these two different locks or do I need to try harder to make the key work in the screen door?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
jfolsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:21 AM   #2

I've noticed on my new 2017 12SC that the key works perfectly in the small travel door, but on the bigger door we have to jiggle the key a little to get it to work. Now that i think about it, I can't say for sure that its the same key. we got 4 keys on the key ring and I haven't memorized which ones are for which locks yet. I've gotten in the habit of peeling away the velco and reaching inside and locking it just because its faster. which brings me to my next thought- how secure is it really??
technicalspectical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #3

Yes the keys are totally different. You need to get a separate key for the full size door.
JaycoBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #4

Welcome to JOF @jfolsom! Lots of great people and great advice here.

On our 2008, there were 2 separate keys for the travel door and for the full length screen door. Never really needed the screen door key as you could just unzip a bit of velcro beside the door, stick your hand in, and latch/unlatch the lock. The lock on a tented trailer is generally only for show.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #5

2 keys

I have a 2011 Sport 10. Mine came with 2 different keys.
Marmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #6

I just bought a 2007 1207 and got 2 different keys I know 1 works for the travel door and the other for the outdoor shower.... I never tried the one for the full sized door because frankly it seemed pointless as I am pretty sure a stiff wind could manage to knock the door out of place never mind someone trying to get at my stuff
Mbourre is offline   Reply With Quote