Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #1

Source for sliding window parts?

I am totally re-building an 89 Jayco Model 1006 and I'm almost done. All I need to finish is to clean up the door. I need the plastic corner keys that hold the sliding door windows together at the corners. Specifically I need one top corner key for one window although I'll probably get some extras for top and bottom for spares. I searched the internet but no luck. Anyone know of a source for these types of parts?
les45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by les45 View Post
I am totally re-building an 89 Jayco Model 1006 and I'm almost done. All I need to finish is to clean up the door. I need the plastic corner keys that hold the sliding door windows together at the corners. Specifically I need one top corner key for one window although I'll probably get some extras for top and bottom for spares. I searched the internet but no luck. Anyone know of a source for these types of parts?
Trying to remember what mine looked like, but I don't recall it being that different from a home storm door arrangement. Perhaps just hit a decent glass shop near home and see if they can help you out. Might be a part they can readily get, or suggest a viable alternative.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:34 AM   #3

I finally found the part I needed on Ebay. It is officially called a "tilt key" and I was able to get a box of 20 for about $8.00. As I searched for this item I found what I already knew about people gouging on old part prices. Another seller on Amazon was asking $127 for the same item. I have found as I've rebuilt my 28 year old Jayco that a lot of places tend to gouge you on old parts like pulleys and other lift parts. Supply and demand or just plain old greed? The good thing is that if you look long enough you can usually find it at a more reasonable price. If you can't find the original, then improvise. I refused to pay $50 for a small pulley so I bought a new modern style pulley for $5.00 and simply redesigned my lift system. I refuse to give into the greedy.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:49 AM   #4

Tilt Key Dimensions?

Hi Les,
Thanks for updating your post. Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the tilt key you purchased? I need to replace several in my 2000 12UDK as well, and I think the dimensions are the same/similar to the door to your 1006. (I'm wondering if it's the 7/32 x. 3/16 tilt keys - I found a seller on Amazon selling them at the discounted price of $117)
Thanks in advance,
Ryan
RyGuySD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyGuySD View Post
Hi Les,
Thanks for updating your post. Do you mind sharing the dimensions of the tilt key you purchased? I need to replace several in my 2000 12UDK as well, and I think the dimensions are the same/similar to the door to your 1006. (I'm wondering if it's the 7/32 x. 3/16 tilt keys - I found a seller on Amazon selling them at the discounted price of $117)
Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Hey Ryan; yes mine are the 7/32X3/16. The one that I needed fit perfectly in my window and I am now back in business. I can send you some of mine since I will certainly not need all of the remaining 19. Just let me know how many you need and give me an address to ship them to (no charge). You can respond here, send me a PM, or email me directly at les45@atlanticbb.net.
Larry S.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by les45 View Post
Hey Ryan; yes mine are the 7/32X3/16. The one that I needed fit perfectly in my window and I am now back in business. I can send you some of mine since I will certainly not need all of the remaining 19. Just let me know how many you need and give me an address to ship them to (no charge). You can respond here, send me a PM, or email me directly at les45@atlanticbb.net.
Larry S.
Hi Larry (not Les!),
Thanks so much for replying and for your generous offer! Now that I have the correct sizing, I was able to find some online for ~$8. I'll go ahead and order these so that I have some left over, just in case. Again, I appreciate your help. Nothing like keeping our PUPs in tip-top shape!
RyGuySD is offline   Reply With Quote