Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2018, 06:22 PM   #61

I have a similar problem in my 2016 WH 25BHS where the floor has a hump in the kitchen area that is in front of my kitchen slide. When the slide comes in it sits a couple of inches off the floor but as it comes in it will start to slide on the floor. I noticed this after I saw a tear in the linoleum flooring. The service guy said it was no big deal but I put a level on the floor and there is a huge hump that the level rocks on. I see now this is a big problem with there RV's. What I did was sand down the trim that was sliding on the floor so it barely clears so I don't have any more damage to my floor. I have read about this on the forum and from what I have heard I have decided that mine is not bad enough to have them fix it cause from my experience once they start tearing up the trailer it will never be the same. Reworking a finished product only leads to disaster. I think when they assembled the floor that something got stuck under the flooring so it didn't screw down flat. It's not squeaking or sagging so I'm taking a gamble and leaving it well alone. Cross my fingers cause my warranty ends this April.

Right now it's in the shop because I have a bent axle that no fault of mine. I have one tire that has worn smooth on the inside. Glad I caught it before warranty is over. Jayco is a great product and they stand behind the product but I know there quality suffers when everyone is buying and production can't keep up.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote