Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2014, 07:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
I just asked about this question last week. If you buy out of your home state, you pay the sales tax where you purchase. If your home sales tax is higher at home, you'll pay the difference. If it's lower, I'm not sure your home state would not write a check to you.

I live in MD and bought in PA. I paid only MD tax. PA tax was never on invoice. States may differ. Your dealer should know but as clubhouse stated u can check with your states dmv. Getting tax info on here may not be as reliable as your dmv and dealer as stories may differ... I can only speak for md buyer in pa state. So maybe my original posts should have clarified that...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #22

RV's typically have a mark up of 40-48 percent. Dealer needs a profit of at least 15-20 percent to stay in business. But he make more on some and less on others. Plus he gets trades sometimes at a steal. My trailer was MSRP at right $55k, paid $36k. So figure from there.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #23

I don't think you really get an MSRP sticker. From what I have found, unlike automobiles, the local dealer prints out their own sticker and puts it on the unit. Your best bet I have found is to shop online and print out the best price you can find. Take it to a local dealer and see if they want to match it to get the business. I have done this on my last three purchases and almost gotten 30% plus off their sticker price. Whatever you are happy with paying is really your best price.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #24

I received the VIN specific build sheet on both of my TT. That sheet identified all the options and MSRP.

I doubt these were dealer produced, since both looked identical and the TT came from different dealers. In fact my second (current) TT I bought used private party and that build sheet with MSRP came with all the documentation the prior owned turned over to me.

On both cases the dealer had wrote the shipping charge and a PDI charge. For the unit I bought new, we negotiated the out door price based on MSRP and ignoring the dealer written additions. I didn't get the full 30% off, but I did get 25% which included a Centerline Hitch, dual batteries, propane, etc.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #25

Without providing exact numbers or names of dealer, I got a quote for a 29QBS with the options that I wanted for 34% off the website MSRP. I configured it how I wanted on the Jayco site and got my MSRP, then contacted the online dealer and received the quote. That was with no negotiations at all.

I think that I could probably negotiate a little more off if I go with them.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #26

Clubhouse brings up a good point: use merchandise as a bargaining tool. Not every dealer can give you 30+% off MSRP, but may be willing to throw you a bone to get your business. I negotiated mine down to 30%, but insisted on them throwing in my bumper-mounted grill and my hitch. We both felt like we had made a good deal.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:37 AM   #27

Try "Quality Products" Plainwell, MI. Great People. Excellent support. I would buy from them again. Very competitive pricing. Small family run company.
michigancampermcsmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:10 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by larson101 View Post
We are looking at a x254. I just realized this is a new model, so I don't have a whole lot of comparison to use other than out of state prices. A local place has it lowered to 22,900 and that is $100 cheaper than what I can find online so far (out of state).

Thanks!
I realize you posted this a while ago but I am shopping now for the same model. May I ask if you ever bought this model what did you pay and what state you are in?

Thanks!
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote