Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2018, 10:52 AM   #111

Age 55 thanks to a stroke. Got put out to pasture waaay too early.
I loved my job, was hoping to make it to 65............didn't work

RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:21 AM   #112

Retired at 62 and I love it! Now I do nothing all week and rest up on the weekends.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuley View Post
Seriously contemplating right now what to do. 58 years old. Wife retired last June as I had planned on as well. I'm the Wholesale Parts Account Manager for a large auto dealer. They made me an offer I could not turn down last June to stay for another year. Supposed to be only 4 days per week now. Worked 68 hours last week so my wife tells me. Whatever. So as I get closer to this coming June I'm scared. How to keep busy?? Being in Canada our camping window is somewhat limited. One acre lot with lots of grass and gardens to keep me busy during the summer. Been with the store for 35 years now. There's a bit of a loyalty thing happening. Going to sit down again in January and discuss department succesion. Nice to be in the drivers seat. Told my wife last night I may offer to stick it out for one more year extra so that will put me at 60. Hopefully by the time I get home this evening she will be talking to me again.
If it's a GM dealer I can send my son in to take over for you and then you can retire
Old 12-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #114

Had planned on retiring in September 2019 but my employer just offered (first time ever) an early retirement package. Will retire December 31st at age 65. Looking forward to putting more miles, and nights, on the Greyhawk! No more camping on crowded holidays, either. Will leave the park sites open for those still working.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
Had planned on retiring in September 2019 but my employer just offered (first time ever) an early retirement package. Will retire December 31st at age 65. Looking forward to putting more miles, and nights, on the Greyhawk! No more camping on crowded holidays, either. Will leave the park sites open for those still working.
Good plan NC as we like to pull into the campgrounds on Sundays and leave on Fridays. Quieter and leaves the weekends for working families to camp.

Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote

« La Posa LTVA maps? | - »