Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #1

Summer Vacation

I like to go to the Shuswap Lake in beautiful British Columbia and my favourite campground is the government campground at Scotch Creek. I usually make my reservations by the 1st. of April when the reservation site opens up but this year I was late or really forgot about it until yesterday, so thinking I was out of luck for the 1st. two weeks of July, I phoned yesterday and not only did I get my dates, I also got the site I wanted and found that there was no one booked into that site for all of July and all August. I know that the economy is still in the tank and taxes in British Columbia are ridiculous but I am wondering if tourism is really going to take a hit this season?

If anyone would like to see the type of sites that are available then Google Shuswap Lake Provincial Park, scroll down to Location Map and click on it and when the map comes up, click on the pine tree by the name Scotch Creek. A picture of the lake will come up and under the picture, click on make a reservation and a map of the campground will come up. I have site 93, so click on 1-99 and a complete list will come up, click on 93 which is on the right hand lower corner and then click on picture and great picture of site will come up. I have used this site 3 times in the last 4 years and it is close to the showers, toilets etc. and great roads for biking and a beautiful beach for swimming and my favourite hobby of metal detecting that I do early in the mornings and after supper at nights after the crowds have gone.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #2

Congrats on getting your preferred site! I think the $ of gas, both in Canada and USA, will have a major impact on peoples vacation plans this summer. I just listened to a talk radio show about how everything will be affected by gas prices. Food is supposed to go up 15 - 20%. Most families will have to make some tough choices.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
Congrats on getting your preferred site! I think the $ of gas, both in Canada and USA, will have a major impact on peoples vacation plans this summer. I just listened to a talk radio show about how everything will be affected by gas prices. Food is supposed to go up 15 - 20%. Most families will have to make some tough choices.
Yup, it's too bad but I guess this is the price we will have to pay.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #4

With our $$ up so high and the price of fuel here being = to that of California not many Americans will be coming here this summer. Sure made my winter in the Palm Springs area this year CHEAP...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote