Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #31

After a few camping trips with a cpac, I bought another size 27, and use it to power the machine. Found it simpler to keep that power drain separate from the tt.

You may check out batteriesstuff.com . I used their battery rejuvenator on my old interstate 27's,, and was surprised at the performance increase.

arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #32

Don & Roy's comments are right on the mark!!! Until you have got your feet wet, I might suggest t5hat you put a DC power port (Cigarette lighter adapter) in your line where you can plug in your CPAP machine. You can then buy a DC voltage meter that will give you voltage when the CPAP is not in use. You can buy both of those for less then $15 on Amazon. It's no where near as informative as the Trimetric battery monitor but will keep you in the ball park while you are deciding how much dry camping you want to do.

Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #33

What brand are you using? If its a Remstar, they make a battery attachment kit and run it directly from there. Ask your home care company, and they can probably hook you up. When I got my new one, I called, and they sent me one. I have not used it yet, but its good to know I have what I need if needed.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #34

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my plea. I am not surprised that this is more complex than I had (naively) hoped so I need to do some reading. For now, we are going to see how far we get on our batteries and go from there. I will call the cpap manufacturer (Resmed S9) and we might consider getting some sort of power pack for the cpap itself.

Will report back. Again, thanks.
10K Equalizer; Teshonka P3
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #35

Usually the power packs are not very good, and very depending on your settings. I am a Respiratory Therapist, and have a lot of experience with these. The best thing is to get a good deep cycle battery and straight connect to get the most out of it.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #36

If you do nothing else this trip, get a digital multimeter to help you understand how much battery you have left. As you have probably figured out from the post, you do not drop below 12 volt. You will shorten the life of some pretty expensive batteries if you allow them to discharge too far. In truth it can be a lot of fun learning HOW to dry camp!!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #37

I have a second Group 27 battery dedicated to my CPAP. I leave home fully charged and use it to power my machine if we dry camp. Then during travel to another site, I jumper the batteries together so my truck charges both batteries as I drive. Once the second battery is at full charge I pull the jumpers. On a full charge, I was able to get 4 nights on the CPAP without recharging.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote