Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2020, 08:44 AM   #1

1st Year Experience with Jayco

This was our first Jayco. Been RVers for 16 years. We liked our last RV which was a Forest River and were unsure about changing manufacturers. We purchased a 321rsts. Reason was features and we could tow with our current vehicle. I know other people have not have good experiences but overall I can say we have had a good experience so far. It tows great and setups easily. The increased room and other features made it fun to RV this summer and fall. Made it easy to socially distance and yet enjoy the outdoors. We documented 14 warranty items. Sounds like a lot but none of the items ever kept us from RVing. They were items that were not quite right. The trick is finding a good dealer. Last time and this time we have found a good dealer. The warranty items were taken care of in about 10 days. Will go back in when all the parts ordered are at the dealer to complete the work. Based on all of this if we ever were to buy another RV we would consider Jayco. This post is just another bit of information that is out in the forum that hopefully can be used along with other posts to help someone make the best decision for them.
Stay safe and keep RVing.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200702_164219571_HDR.jpg  
dlewand53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #2

Before jaycos I had a forest river product. The poor build quality made me switch. I have had one jayco trailer and one jayco fifthwheel. They both had warranty issues that were addressed and I am pleased with both. I agree the dealer is crucial to your experience.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:34 PM   #3

I am considering Jayco vs Winnebago motorhome class A. Anything bad or good thing about them? One good thing about winnebago is its steel superstructure that is stronger than Jayco. Without superstructure, any issue with Jayco?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote