Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #1

AC Discharge Vent

There is a flat rubber coated piece of metal in the ac discharge vent that covers the largest portion of the middle vent. Is this to be left in at all times? Where I am currently has no shade and the ac is not able to keep the camper cool. Just looking at things I can change before I add a window unit.

Any suggestions will be helpful

Thanks
twroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by twroberts View Post
There is a flat rubber coated piece of metal in the ac discharge vent that covers the largest portion of the middle vent. Is this to be left in at all times? Where I am currently has no shade and the ac is not able to keep the camper cool. Just looking at things I can change before I add a window unit.

Any suggestions will be helpful

Thanks

Is this a ducted unit? what model air? I did end up putting a window air in our emergency window, as a front bedroom roof unit cost was not in the works and we stay in Florida full time and only move if the job moves
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #3

Post a picture with the AC model and year, your rv.s model and year. That would be helpful in deciding what to do.

Can you put a sun shade over the AC fins? Seen that a lot in Florida both AC and refrigerator vents.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #4

Not sure in your model but ours has a baffle in there to separate the intake from the cold output air.

But, if there is a lot of sun load and a hot day you may not get the trailer as cool as you want. With full afternoon sun we are lucky to have a 20deg difference between inside and out. Not a problem if the temps are below 100 but when it gets close to 110 it gets toasty inside. And that is with two two AC units.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote