Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2020, 07:09 PM   #1

Caterpillar booster/compressor

I have a CAT compressor/booster pack: https://www.costco.ca/cat-1000-peak-...100677890.html

I've had it about 2 years, and it has been great for topping up the tires on the trailer (and boosting the truck when I accidentally drained the battery, and had some bad cells), as well as charging our devices when we have been on a non-electric site.

Today I was topping up my tires with the compressor when the compressor would not turn off. Normally, you set the pressure you want, attach it, press the button, and it shuts off when it gets up to pressure. Today, after getting up to pressure, it kept on going, and going... Luckily I was there and pulled it off when it got to 67 (65 max for my tires), but it kept on going. No matter what I did, it would not shut off. I tried plugging it in to see if it would reset, cycled through all the options, but it would not stop. Luckily I was at home, so the noise only bothered us. I ended up hooking some lights up to the inverted to try and kill the battery. After 2 hours it wouldn't turn on, but the compressor was still pathetically trying to work.

Anyone else have an issue like this?
2009 Jayco 1206 Tent Trailer (sold)
paul_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote