Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2017, 07:46 AM   #1

Done for the season

Well, I'm sad to report that the 2017 season is officially over for us. We just ended our 5 month season at our seasonal site on Cape Cod. I was bummed out as I brought in the slides, emptied her out and closed up our 38FDDS. I leave it up to the CG for winterization. Well worth the $75 IMO.

I can't believe how fast time passed from mid May until now.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #2
Site Team

We're done for the year, too. It's seems like forever to get to the next camping season..... (sigh)

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:14 AM   #3

Just a question - if the CG employees do the winterizing for you, are they liable if they screw something up? Let's say you fire up your plumbing next season and there is a leak that you figure is due to water freezing or something like that... Would they pay to have it fixed? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if someone else I didn't know did my winterizing.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:27 AM   #4
Site Team

I'm trying to squeeze a few more weekends in before we winterize. The weather has been cooperating here in PA so far.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBound View Post
Just a question - if the CG employees do the winterizing for you, are they liable if they screw something up? Let's say you fire up your plumbing next season and there is a leak that you figure is due to water freezing or something like that... Would they pay to have it fixed? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if someone else I didn't know did my winterizing.
I'm not sure actually, but the owner has 40 years experience winterizing. I'd say he winterizes 95% of the 30 or so seasonal units and I've heard no bad stories. This will be the third year he's done ours, second on this rig. So far so good. I have a residential fridge with ice maker which is the main reason I have them do it. He blows out/drains the lines (including line to ice maker), then runs AF through all the line including into the ice maker. This takes a few cycles/hours before pink slush cubes are made and it can be considered winterized. Winterizing is not rocket science, but I'm not that confident with the ice maker part.