Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2021, 02:48 PM   #1

Heating ac help

OK Batman riddle me this I got up this morning and it was cold so I went to my thermostat and I turned on the heat the image on the screen said furnace and I had it at 68° All of a sudden the air conditioner came on....the heat came on but so did the air conditioner and I could not get the unit to run and just heat no matter how I tried anybody got any insight into this
It is a 34RSBS Jayco jay flight 2020
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance and I hope everybody staying warm
And just for the record it’s terrible here in Florida it was 82 yesterday and was 42 today what in the Sam hell is going on here
Titaniumtim18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #2

There have been reports that the system is now designed for the a/c fan to come on with the furnace to help circulate the air since heat rises. Supposedly there is a work around for the app that let's you reprogram so it doesn't come on.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #3

Thanks for your response. It’s the first time it has ever done it and I have run the heat a fair bit. Also I let it run to see and it seemed like the ac was pumping ice cold air. I know what you’re thinking there was cold because it was cold outside but I heard the compressor kick on so I was a little confused but I’ll try again and I’ll let it run longer and see if perhaps that’s what it’s doing thanks again for your input
Old 02-20-2021, 03:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titaniumtim18 View Post
Thanks for your response. It’s the first time it has ever done it and I have run the heat a fair bit. Also I let it run to see and it seemed like the ac was pumping ice cold air. I know what you’re thinking there was cold because it was cold outside but I heard the compressor kick on so I was a little confused but I’ll try again and I’ll let it run longer and see if perhaps that’s what it’s doing thanks again for your input
If you heard the compressor turn on you probably have a heat pump. You may be getting cold air because heat pumps don't work below 32 degrees ambient outside air.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:42 PM   #5

I don't know about yours but my Dometic thermostat needs to first be set to auto and then heat or AC whichever you want. If I set the fan to high or low the fan blows constantly with either heat or AC.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:50 PM   #6

Nope not a heat pump I have had the unit for about 8 months now. It’s never done it before
Old 02-20-2021, 03:52 PM   #7

If I st thermostat to fan. I get fan only. If I set to ac I get cool only and up till now when I select heat only the furnace would come on. I’m so confused