Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #21

Yes there are organizations that stand behind there work. The Jayco factory is not one of them.
When I first found the missing parts, my first inclination was to fix the problem myself. I talk to the Jayco factory to find out if I started dill holes to put in the screws, what was there to screw into. They were helpful. After more talking, he said maybe this is something they would cover, take it to a dealer.
I mistakenly thought once the dealer told the Jayco factory the issue they would have the Jayco dealer but them in at no cost to me.
You all know the answer to that. Yes, I am not under warranty. That was never the issue. This MH is less than 2 years old with 9000 miles. The issue is Jayco having integrity in their manufacturing process.
davedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Thank you so much Grumpy for bring this to my attention, I had no idea such a program was in place. So the next question is, are techs required to obtain these certifications and if not, why not ? Another reason that auto insurers and manufactures support the programs I mentioned is the CYA factor. If you took the classes and passed the tests, then you obviously knew the correct way to perform the task at hand so, why did you not do it correctly ? Thanks again, I really appreciate this forum and your insight.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolead View Post
So the next question is, are techs required to obtain these certifications and if not, why not ?
That's going to be up to each individual dealer. Most "help wanted" RV adds I've seen it is mentioned.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
We paid the Jayco Factory Service Center to replace the roof on our 8 year old Jayflight 25RKS. The did it for less than half of what the dealership quoted.

They also found that when they got it apart that they needed (because of water damage) to replace the ceiling, roof vents, ceiling lights and ceiling electrical wiring and insulation, the back wall of the trailer and the top foot of the sidewalls.

They did this all under the original quote.

And, just because they had some extra time, they repainted the frame, steps, and rear bumper.

Great folks, and true to their word that they would fix anything they found for the quoted price.
Wow! That is great to know for future reference. Thank you.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #25

Sorry, but, Jayco not offering to fix something out of warranty is just not a big deal. Yep, even if it was a mfg default. Unless it was identified before the warranty was out, by the original owner, then you own it. It is not an integrity thing.

Yes, sometimes a company will work with you if you find something just past the warranty end date, but, that is not normal.

When you buy a used RV or car or anything else it is up to you to inspect it prior to sale and note the issues before purchase. Expecting the factory to make up for that is naive.

If you bought it from a dealer then you might be able to get the dealer to do something, if it is within their used warranty period (usually 90 days). If you bought it from an individual then it is between you and them.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:31 AM   #26

So, for the original problem....are you sure those screws were installed by the factory? Or were they put there by the PO for some reason. I know I have added things to our trailer that required screws into the frame and a couple with screws into the sides.

Or did the PO remove the screws for some reason and was too lazy to put them back? Or could he not get the pieces to line up correctly so he left them out.

I would post pictures here and ask someone with the same trailer to post a similar picture to compare.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:07 AM   #27

I would suggest you contact Motor Home magazine. They intervene for folks all the time. And most of the time the manufacturer will respond. I expect they would in this case. Most of the time the manufacturer will some or all of the cost involved and they will just say it's because of customer goodwill.

Mostly it's because they don't want the bad press disseminated widely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I just purchased a 2015 Jayco Precept 31UL, very nice RV. I notice that is was missing about 8 fasteners holding the two passengers side storage bins to the side of the RV. I talk to the Jayco factory about this, they said because I was the second owner they had no responsibility for they factory defects. Also the slide above this is tilted, but works. This doesn't seem right. Anyone have a thoughs on this? The Rv is less than 2 years old and only 9000 miles. Is there someone else I can contact?
Dave

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote