Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2018, 02:43 PM   #1

Help with TV

I know this probably has been beaten to death but I can't seem to find an answer that works.
The sound from my TV in my 2017 28RLS is the pits. However, the sound from my radio is impressive, it plays through speakers throughout the trailer and even outside.
I would love to get my TV to play through the speakers. I have read the manuals for both the radio and TV, if it is in there, I am sorry, I missed it.
Is there a jack on the back of the TV that I can use to connect to the radio so this happens? Do I need to visit Radio Shack or the like to buy a special cable? If so, what am I to ask for?
I really don't want to take the radio out of the Jayco to access any 'ports on the back if I can avoid it. However, if this is what needs to be done, I'll tackle it just tell me the connecting cords I need.
Thanks,
Ron
rappar19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #2
Site Team

The Furrion TV in my 2017 has a headphone jack located just above the standard RCA connections on the rear side. The Axxera radio has an aux input on the front. I connect the 2 with a standard 3.5mm cable such as this....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KWR8Q9S...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Works great. If you have a similar setup, it should work for you also.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #3

If your TV has red and white audio output jacks on the back you can get a cord like this that you can plug into the back of your TV and into the aux input jack on the front of your stereo.
Attached Thumbnails
cord.JPG  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #4

Sound quality is somewhat subjective. That said the sound out of my Furrion TV in our 2018 28RLS is pretty good. Maybe something in the audio settings on the TV needs to be adjusted.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #5

You can get a speaker out to Bluetooth adapter for your television and Bluetooth it to your stereo. If your stereo has a Bluetooth function. I have also seen fm transmitters that you can plug the tv into. Then it transmits a signal that you trailer fm stereo can pickup and amplify
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:13 PM   #6

It's just a matter of turning your sound off on the TV and enabling the sound through your entertainment system via the settings... Hopefully. Good luck.

2014 Jayco Eagle 30.5 RLS | Curt 20K sliding Hitch | Champion 3100 Inverter Generator | 2012 Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins CC Laramie Longhorn
Calgary5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #7

Can you put a CD/DVD in the radio?

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappar19 View Post
I know this probably has been beaten to death but I can't seem to find an answer that works.
The sound from my TV in my 2017 28RLS is the pits. However, the sound from my radio is impressive, it plays through speakers throughout the trailer and even outside.
I would love to get my TV to play through the speakers. I have read the manuals for both the radio and TV, if it is in there, I am sorry, I missed it.
Is there a jack on the back of the TV that I can use to connect to the radio so this happens? Do I need to visit Radio Shack or the like to buy a special cable? If so, what am I to ask for?
I really don't want to take the radio out of the Jayco to access any 'ports on the back if I can avoid it. However, if this is what needs to be done, I'll tackle it just tell me the connecting cords I need.
Thanks,
Ron
I had a similar situation. My trailer was already at the dealer getting other work done. When I asked about playing the tele thru the radio (RV speakers) they went to Best Buy to buy a “special cord” that cost me around $65 (American) and said they would do labor for free. So according to my dealer service dept I was only charged for Best Buy part.
Sorry I don’t know which cord they used but I don’t think I was HDMI?

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:32 AM   #9

I have a furrion radio/dvd player right above my TV. The audio was already connected between the two. Just needed to change the source on the radio the TV, I think it was AUX. took me a bit to figure it out.

I removed the Furrion radio once, it had 4 screws and pulled right out and had a bunch of slack in all the wires. Easy job.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
The Furrion TV in my 2017 has a headphone jack located just above the standard RCA connections on the rear side. The Axxera radio has an aux input on the front. I connect the 2 with a standard 3.5mm cable such as this....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KWR8Q9S...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Works great. If you have a similar setup, it should work for you also.
Thanks, but so far that cable is not working for me, is there a setting on the radio/stereo I should be using?
Old 10-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappar19 View Post
Thanks, but so far that cable is not working for me, is there a setting on the radio/stereo I should be using?
Can you set your radio to aux? You should be able to find it under the mode or audio button.
Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by us71na View Post
If your TV has red and white audio output jacks on the back you can get a cord like this that you can plug into the back of your TV and into the aux input jack on the front of your stereo.
I wondered about a cable like this and will try it to see what happens.
Thanks,
Ron
Old 10-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
Can you set your radio to aux? You should be able to find it under the mode or audio button.
I have no mode button on my radio.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Can you put a CD/DVD in the radio?
Yes, but getting it to play is a whole different game. I got nowhere.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #15

Maybe a picture of the radio might help, it should have a mode or source button to change from radio to DVD to TV.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:15 AM   #16

Try inserting a DVD movie into the stereo. Then select source from the TV remote. Toggling thru, and selecting each one, see if it will show on your TV. On mine it is the AUX.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #17

I have a 2019 24RL. On mine it is already connected but I do have to set up the Furrion DVD/Radio/stereo player.

With the TV playing TV Stations and the Stereo on, use the small remote and press the button AUX/ARC. Make sure the stereo says "ARC". Wait 30 seconds and the sound will come from the speakers.

There is a button on my big remote that says AUX/ARC but I can't get the Stereo in ARC mode with it only with the small remote.

To control the volume on the big remote click on the top Stereo button. To change channels click on the TV button.

I'm not sure if yours works the same way.

Lou
Flyn2High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:18 AM   #18

I just bought a cheap set of Logitech computer speakers ($20 or less) and plugged them into the 3.5 plug at the back of the tv. I can keep the volume lower and still use them compared to the overhead speakers. The tv control volume on the remote even works.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #19

I have a white hawk 23 FSB and this is what works for me:

TV menu
Audio
Tv sound “off”

Menu
Setup
Audio out “fixed”

Stereo mode: aux

Operate volume using stereo remote
Vaneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:53 AM   #20

I could not get the TV sound through the stereo speakers either. I see one of the other responses says that you can do it via settings on the radio, which I will try, but those radio settings are SO confusing. Plus, the interior speakers are not responding at this point. ( Yes, I have the zones set correctly. Will take it to dealer for warranty check when I get home).

MY SOLUTION...

I bought a 28 in Visio sound bar WITH subwoofer for like $98 at Walmart. Plugs right into TV (although you have to use RCA jacks since TV doesn't have fiber optic connection which sound bar is capable of. GREAT SOUND! Plus it has Bluetooth capability so I can play my favorite music from my phone while setting in my recliner!

2 Drawbacks...

1. You have to disconnect and stow when traveling.
2. Dealer warned me that connecting this commercially available product to the factory supplied connector on the Furrion TV would VOID MY WARRANTY!
Go figure...!

Please let me know if this has been of any help or has created any problems.
tomanderson is offline   Reply With Quote