Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > General Jayco RV Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2019, 08:09 AM   #1

Insurance companies in Florida that permit renting RV on personal policy

Does anyone have info on Insurance companies around Central Florida that permit renting out ones RV through a commercial rental site such as Outdoorsy and still not void ones private/personal use policy?

Outdoorsy provides insurance during rental period only but my Geico policy doesn't permit commercial renting of RV.
I've been RVing for a long time and have owned several expensive units over that time without any financial hardship, but, due to a long-standing back situation as a Firefighter, I can no longer do the job before officially retiring and medical bills and treatment costs have set me back financially, therefore, renting out the RV is my best option at this time. And I have read everyone's posts in regards to pros and cons about renting.

So, I'm just in the research phase now in regards to insurance companies in florida that allow renting.

I own a 2015 Jayco 29MV MH w/8000 miles
Fyi, I'm new to posting so I'm still trying to get the hang of how to do it properly.

Thanks,
The Bobber
TheBobber is offline   Reply With Quote