Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2022, 04:31 PM   #1

Jayco Drinking Water jug - transportation

I'm starting to plan out our first camping trip with our new 357MDOK next month, and am just now wondering how people are transporting their 5 gallon water jugs for the Jayco fresh water under the kitchen sink. I can't see anything that would guarantee the 5 gallon jug would stay upright during transport.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to use this setup without the risk of a 5 gallon flood in the kitchen when transporting?

Thanks!
JayG7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 04:39 PM   #2

You could transport it in your shower. You would want to have it braced in the shower so it doesn’t come out. If you have a leak it will just go down your shower drain.
Enforcer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 04:51 PM   #3

I don't even use it. Pain to move jug, pump is slow and noisy, and although it's a 12v pump it has a transformer plugged into a 120vac outlet so you can't use it when boondocking or unplugged. It's just a silly setup that I wish wasn't installed.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:35 PM   #4

use a 5 gallon water jug mount construction workers use to mount their Water/Gatoraid jugs on their trucks.. I seen them at Ace Hardware awhile back, around $40
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:18 AM   #5

Bungee cord around it hooked to eye bolts in cabinet shelf. If it's full, it would take a lot to knock it over, even without any support
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
I don't even use it. Pain to move jug, pump is slow and noisy, and although it's a 12v pump it has a transformer plugged into a 120vac outlet so you can't use it when boondocking or unplugged. It's just a silly setup that I wish wasn't installed.
I have no doubt Jayco is going to dump that setup eventually. What a waste of space!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:50 PM   #7

I replaced the 5Gal with two "American Maid" 3Gal (sold at Walmart) because the 5Gal is too heavy and I don't like it's round shape. The replacements are rectangular and just like the propane tanks, when one empties, I switch to the full one and run to Walmart's Primo dispenser for refill.

My back thanks me.
Attached Thumbnails
bottle.jpg  
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 05:55 PM   #8

This not about transporting the bottles, but filling them at Wally-World. I have bottles that hold 4 gallons each. (I initially purchased at Wally-World) Last week I went to WM with 4 of the 4 gallon empty bottles to re-fill. Got each filled, got in line to pay, waited my turn. (As my turn came, a second cashier walked up and stated, "It is time for your break, I will take over after you finish this customer."
The cashier inquired of me, "Are those 5 gallon bottles?" to which I replied, "No 4 Gallon".
The cashier looked at his screen and then me and stated, "I only have a button for 5 gal, or 1 gal, no 4 gal."
He then turned to the second cashier and asked, "What do I do?" the second cashier replied, "I don't know we will have to call a supervisor."
(Keep in mind, the cost per gallon is the same regardless of the container size)
At this point, I offered both cashiers a math lesson. 4 bottles at 4 gallons each total 16 one gallon bottles.
This is an example of what our educational system is turning out.
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:24 PM   #9

On our 317RLOK the jug sits under the sink and there is a Velcro strap stapled to the shelf which goes around the neck of the jug to prevent it from moving/tipping. The strap was installed by Jayco We’ve used that without any spilling/tipping over.
As noted by others we bought a 2nd 5 gallon jug from WM/Kroger that has a handle embedded in the side which makes carrying/placing under the sink a lot easier.
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 03:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
This not about transporting the bottles, but filling them at Wally-World. I have bottles that hold 4 gallons each. (I initially purchased at Wally-World) Last week I went to WM with 4 of the 4 gallon empty bottles to re-fill. Got each filled, got in line to pay, waited my turn. (As my turn came, a second cashier walked up and stated, "It is time for your break, I will take over after you finish this customer."
The cashier inquired of me, "Are those 5 gallon bottles?" to which I replied, "No 4 Gallon".
The cashier looked at his screen and then me and stated, "I only have a button for 5 gal, or 1 gal, no 4 gal."
He then turned to the second cashier and asked, "What do I do?" the second cashier replied, "I don't know we will have to call a supervisor."
(Keep in mind, the cost per gallon is the same regardless of the container size)
At this point, I offered both cashiers a math lesson. 4 bottles at 4 gallons each total 16 one gallon bottles.
This is an example of what our educational system is turning out.
I hope you did not pay cash, requiring change. It's painful to watch them open the cash drawer and attempt to count "up" from the purchase price to the cash you gave them in order for you to get your correct change.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 12:26 PM   #11

Mine has a Velcro strap under sink
Never used it tho jug has never spilled
Got about 20000 miles on our 2020 Eagle
hinklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 05:17 PM   #12

We just got back from a 3 wk trip with new 321RSTS. I scoffed at the idea of the water jug, but the dw loves it, and I admit it's nice not having to have other water jugs sitting around. The flow is better than I thought it would be... and she helps load it in the cart at the store! No longer making fun of it at our place. Yes.. it is held by a velcro strap around the neck and it never moved.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote