Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2016, 05:27 AM   #1

Jayco Warranty

One of the reasons I purchased a Jayco, was the 2 year warranty. I have actually had the chance to test the strength of their warranty and I am happy with the purchase to this point.

We purchased a X17Z in 2015 and have been enjoying it so far. However, on the last trip we developed a water leak in one of the tees near the water pump. We called our General RV dealer in White Lake, MI and actually got them to send someone out to our campsite for repairs. Just like taking a car to a repair shop, they couldn't duplicate the problem and thought it was resolved. The leak started again and I got them to schedule an appointment to come out a 2nd time. One the day they were supposed to come out again, I found out that I had a flat tire on the camper. What this did was to put all of the weight on the stabilizer jacks, which caused 3 of them to bend. After the water leak issue was fixed, I notified General RV about the jacks and after a couple of days was told this was not covered under warranty. I had read in a couple of posts on the forum, that this was also the case. This aggravated me to no end, so I contacted Jayco directly through their website. Lo and behold, after a week I got a response back from Jayco apologizing for the problem and stated that they would replace the jacks. I know that this is a long winded post, but kudos to Jayco for standing behind their product.
kjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #2

I have not had the same luck. My new 5th wheel was missing a blind in one of the windows. We confirmed this with other same model and year. I contacted Jayco direct and they refused to take action. My dealer did same and even they were turned down.

Warranty, we ain't got no stinkin warranty...
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
I have not had the same luck. My new 5th wheel was missing a blind in one of the windows. We confirmed this with other same model and year. I contacted Jayco direct and they refused to take action. My dealer did same and even they were turned down.

Something seems odd about this. You might want to verify with Jayco whether the dealer ever filed a warranty claim on your unit, based on the VIN number. FWIW, I don't think Jayco will normally work with you direct - they prefer to work through your dealer.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
Something seems odd about this. You might want to verify with Jayco whether the dealer ever filed a warranty claim on your unit, based on the VIN number. FWIW, I don't think Jayco will normally work with you direct - they prefer to work through your dealer.

Roger
We did and Jayco denied it and also denied the dealer we bought it from and the unit was less than 30 days old.

I went to Jayco direct to Customer Svc when where we bought it was denied.

So we just bought it and had it installed, yea big $$$$$$$$$, guess that is why Jayco would not warranty the $60 buck item (price WE paid for it!)
Old 07-24-2016, 10:54 AM   #5

Never had a problem with Jayco when we needed warranty work.

In fact they went the extra mile by overnighting parts to a dealer for us.

Totally satisfied!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:03 AM   #6

Quote:

But if they made a mid year change, which many manufacturers do, it's not a warranty issue. You have to find units made after yours to see if it was a manuf mistake. If they don't have the blind, then it's a change.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Never had a problem with Jayco when we needed warranty work.

In fact they went the extra mile by overnighting parts to a dealer for us.

Totally satisfied!
Maybe the question is when!

All my dealing have been in the past few months and the jerk in Cust Svc just says go see your dealer. HEY IDIOT, I have, you turned them down to! Warranty has been nothing but a struggle and IMO its a joke. Let my buy the Jayco W/out a warranty for a few hundred less and I will be happier, fix it myself.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
But if they made a mid year change, which many manufacturers do, it's not a warranty issue. You have to find units made after yours to see if it was a manuf mistake. If they don't have the blind, then it's a change.
LOL, yea Cust Svc Jayco tried that stupid line too, then when I said yes, but my '16 was an early model and every '16 of the same model as mine has the blind in that window, every single one, I have confirmed this with multiple dealers and as its the window directly across from the bathroom door on the stairs connecting the bedroom, common sense and logic says if every window in the unit has blinds, then that window would and should. That is NOT the only thing that was left off, like the fan-vent in the bathroom. My dealer had one and ate the cost on it, told me going back to Jayco to get stuff that was not installed is not easy, even if its llisted in the window sticker like the bathroom fan vent.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #9

Quote:
My dealer had one and ate the cost on it, told me going back to Jayco to get stuff that was not installed is not easy, even if its llisted in the window sticker like the bathroom fan vent.
It seems funny that many other dealers and cutomers have no problems.

Like Larry G said I have never had any issues in the 15 years I've been dealing directly with JAYCO. The 28 years before that it was STARCRAFT.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
It seems funny that many other dealers and cutomers have no problems.

Like Larry G said I have never had any issues in the 15 years I've been dealing directly with JAYCO. The 28 years before that it was STARCRAFT.
Like I said, maybe its timing, I have only had my 5th a few months and its been beyond a struggle to get anything fixed. I finally told my selling dealer if they will give me the parts I will install myself or pay someone else to do so, so I have got 2 shipments from them and I am moving forward...does not make me dislike Jayco, just far as I am concerned I have no warranty. Take that attitude and just move forward.

Ohh and the mid year change routine, it only applies if the change is to the entire model line, you cannot just use that line on individual units.

I would buy my rig again, same time same place.