Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #21

We ordered our SleepNumber bed at a SleepNumber store. It is the RV5 or short king. Measures 72 X 75 inches and has rounded corners at the bottom end. The bed was delivered to our house by a SleepNumber truck. It came in two large boxes. You can ask for assistance in setting it up, but the instructions are very clear and easy. We installed ours in a couple of hours and have enjoyed it ever since.

Coffee tastes better if the latrines are dug downstream from an encampment.
- US Army Field Regulations, 1861
Cliff_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #22

Go on Amazon and check out their RV mattresses. A 10inch Gel/memory foam mattress is much better than what comes with Jaycos. And shipping is not a problem. They can mash them things down so small they can almost put it in your mailbox.
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by windywy View Post
I think all the RV dealers are missing a great opportunity. They should have a rv mattress store attached to their dealer ship and then the customers could pick what the like and already have it when they leave the lot.
Want to thank everyone for their replies.
I think they are missing a great opportunity for good customer relations by not putting in a mattress worthy of the brand name. They tout their RVs/campers as being such high-quality then put a piece of crap mattress in it. You wouldn't buy an automobile with an apple crate for a seat. Why would, or should, you settle for less in an RV?
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by windywy View Post
We are wanting to replace the horrible king mattress that came with our new 2018 ( 321 rsts ). Would like to hear from those that have already replaced theirs and how they like what they bought. We are looking at the wilderness montana hybrid mattress if anyone has an opinion on that one. Thanks in advance.
We chucked the factory installed mattress and purchased a memory foam mattress from WalMart. I have a chronic back issue and this mattress is awesome.
Jacotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #25

We put a foam topper on ours and it has worked great and we are FT.
Britt Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #26

Thumbs up Mattress Replacement

We replaced ours with a COMFORTAIRE DREAM AIRE RV King. It is made by Select Comfort. It's basically a programmable dual cell air mattress with a topper that is sized for your RV. Sleeps great!
anchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotim View Post
We chucked the factory installed mattress and purchased a memory foam mattress from WalMart. I have a chronic back issue and this mattress is awesome.

Would you be willing to provide a bit more info on the mattress you selected? I'm considering the Spa Sensations by Zinus 8" Eco-Sense Memory Foam Mattress from Walmart, but haven't 'pulled the trigger' yet.
Thanks.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:08 PM   #28

I found a double almost queen on line thru Wal Mart for over a hundred. The mattress that came with it was flat and almost looked like someone had over used it. Just gross. I found it very comfy.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #29

Our 38FLSA had a horrible mattress. First trip out (for the winter) after 3 months it would squash flat. Called Jayco and they offered to refund $400.00 or replace it with one just like it. It was a Denver Mattress foam. I took the refund and found a site on the internet offering Simmons Beauty Rest series for $499.00 with free shipping. We got the 1090 coil King innerspring for that price delivered. Our bedroom was okay with the bigger mattress. The original was 72 X 80 " and the new one was 76 X 80. Only problem was the heavier mattress wouldn't stay up until I replaced the pistons. Looked at their MFG and ordered the ones for 120 Lb mattress. Worked like a champ. We really like the innerspring. The website is 1-800- Mattress if any one is interested. Very happy with the new one.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:26 PM   #30

I forgot about the pistons that raise up to go under the bed. I just use a metal rod to prop it up. No biggie. Cheaper then replacing.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #31

Mattress conundrum

While most of you replying about replacing a mattress can opt for a regular flat mattress, our Jayco Envoy 100 mattress on our side slide out queen bed is hinged to fold up partway down toward the foot. We cannot replace it with a regular mattress. We also had the problem that while we sleep it slides down toward the foot of the bed and hangs over the edge and our pillows fall back into the space created at the head. We fixed this by building a pvc support frame that slides into the space between the foot of the bed and the wall to the bathroom then deliberately slide the mattress down onto the frame for support and put a full body pillow in the head space. For comfort, we added a memory foam topper. Apparently we are stuck with this solution because to replace the mattress we'll just have to get another folding one.
susan34982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:52 PM   #32

We purchased 2018 43’ North Point w/ King
mattress. Very lumpy and uncomfortable.
They threw something in there to get the
unit sold.
redley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:56 AM   #33

Matress Covers?

Not to tag on with this thread, but as I was reading about upgrading our 2019 Jayco Redhawk Queen, I remembered wanting to find out how/where we could get fitted sheets for the overhead bunk? Any inputs?
Wayfinder 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:22 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSoldier_5 View Post
Agree with Poohbear. We are on our second Sleep Number bed. First was a Queen, second is an RV King bought through Camping World. It's not top of the line but it was worth EVERY penny when compared with the OEM Mattress.
Agreed! My Sleep Number RV Radius King is just shy of 9 years old and I still love it.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:24 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff_W View Post
We ordered our SleepNumber bed at a SleepNumber store. It is the RV5 or short king. Measures 72 X 75 inches and has rounded corners at the bottom end. The bed was delivered to our house by a SleepNumber truck. It came in two large boxes. You can ask for assistance in setting it up, but the instructions are very clear and easy. We installed ours in a couple of hours and have enjoyed it ever since.
Setting my Sleep Number RV Radius King was a piece of cake. Taking small pieces up to the bedroom was so easy compared to trying to wrangle a king size mattress up there.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:25 AM   #36

Residential mattress

We have a 7’ wide trailer that came with a short queen “mattress”. It was thin and hard, as all have said. But it was also tight to get get around in the trailer. We wanted the comfort of a residential-type mattress, but a regular queen would take up even more space. So first I replaced it, instead, with a 6” foam in full size, keeping the short queen length while giving us a couple of inches on either side to get around better. The size change was the solution, but 6” was not enough so then I added a 2” memory foam topper. Much better, but the topper moves. So I just replaced it all with a full size version of the queen bed we sleep on at home. DW is happy and so am I.
Homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersimpson View Post
We have a 7’ wide trailer that came with a short queen “mattress”. It was thin and hard, as all have said. But it was also tight to get get around in the trailer. We wanted the comfort of a residential-type mattress, but a regular queen would take up even more space. So first I replaced it, instead, with a 6” foam in full size, keeping the short queen length while giving us a couple of inches on either side to get around better. The size change was the solution, but 6” was not enough so then I added a 2” memory foam topper. Much better, but the topper moves. So I just replaced it all with a full size version of the queen bed we sleep on at home. DW is happy and so am I.
We too put a regular queen on ours. Yes, it does make the bedroom area tight and we basically have to crawl into bed from the end but that's worth it for a good night's sleep. Also added a 6" plywood extension on the end of the bed platform to support the mattress. It's a joke the mattresses that come with most TT's.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #38

On our first TT we had a short queen that was junk. Replaced it with a short queen made by Original Mattress Factory (two rows of coils removed from a standard mattress). It was a great mattress. On our Eagle HT the queen is standard size and we replaced the Denver Mattress with a Serta from Sam’s Club for $400. It has worked out well.
GreggL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #39

Thumbs up RV Mattress

When we bought our 2018 Jay Flight 34RSBS the mattress that Jayco put in it only lasted about 2 months before it developed depressions where we slept so we knew we had to replace it. We had a 2009 Jayco Eagle before and put a new Queen size mattress in it that we purchased from Mattress Insider and it came in a box but was as good as the mattress that we sleep on at home. So we went back to Mattress Insider for a new King Size for our new Jayco 2018 and got another great mattress. Mattress Insider makes their mattresses for RV's and you just give them the dimensions and they make the mattress to fit. It takes about 3 weeks from the time you order until it arrives. Go to mattressinsider.com for information or phone 888-488-1468.
Smitty1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:01 PM   #40

King 12" Cool Gel