Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #21

Another thing to consider Just how much time did the REP spend with you in making the sale. My guess would be well over an hour. So why should less time be spent in a PDI after the sale.

The only difference is that the sales rep is most likely working for a commission and will spend whatever amount of time is needed to make a sale

Whereas the tech is most likely earning an hourly wage and the more time he spends with you takes away from time he could be making more for the dealer.
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #22

Great checklist and very detailed!I noted a big issue with the poor construction od the roof, especially on the plywood seams. Even with light pressure, there was a lot of movement? I mentioned this to the fellow doing the inspection walk through, and his response was that they are all like that?? A $70,000 5th wheel, and they are all like that! I have taken lots of photos and a video of the quality. Will be keeping lots of duct tape handy!
kdduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #23

So true! lots of minor defects. Staples not wood filled. gelcoat already cracked at front left overhang, looks like it was rubbed up against something and cracked the gelcoat. Scuffed decal 3 ft. down. more attention to final detail is required before leaving the plant. Dealers need to pick up on this as well. Not just quick sales!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #24

Great advice to do a walk through by yourself! I had noticed the pantry door was way out of wack! top fitted nice but bottom was easily 1/4 excess gap? No real quick fix, maybe a small shim on the lower hinge??
Old 04-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #25

Pdi

I was notified today that my Seneca will be ready for Inspection and pick up the week of May 8.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:51 AM   #26

Thanks for posting the list. We take delivery on our Greyhawk tomorrow and plan on using this for our PDI.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:36 AM   #27

Thanks for the PDI very good info, I'll use it on our New 293 rkds in june. FFD
frenchfrydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:04 PM   #28

I revised the PDI to include the motor home portion of the inspection. Included a Findings, Notes and Comments page after each section. Also in the header and footer sections I added line items for documenting the Model, VIN, Dealer, date of Inspection and Technicians Name. I plan on using this as part of the final documentation package with a copy to the dealer. Unfortunately the forum will not let me upload do to the size. If anyone would like a copy in Word send me your Email address and I'll send. The file is 370 kb. Additionally, if anyone has other items to add please do so and share.

Jiggles
37TS
North Carolina
Old 05-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #29

PDI is a waste of time

We have gone through PDI with three new RV's - a TT and two motorhomes. In hindsight and being brutally honest, I conclude that you have to live with one of these things for a period of several months as a minimum to have any real understanding of what you bought. There are just too many different things that can go wrong, some being rather subtle and showing themselves only in specific circumstances. In two of the three cases we accumulated a whole bunch of squawks and then scheduled the thing into the factory service center. Most dealer service departments are a joke; life's too short to subject yourself to the aggravation.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:47 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I revised the PDI to include the motor home portion of the inspection. Included a Findings, Notes and Comments page after each section. Also in the header and footer sections I added line items for documenting the Model, VIN, Dealer, date of Inspection and Technicians Name. I plan on using this as part of the final documentation package with a copy to the dealer. Unfortunately the forum will not let me upload do to the size. If anyone would like a copy in Word send me your Email address and I'll send. The file is 370 kb. Additionally, if anyone has other items to add please do so and share.

Jiggles
37TS
North Carolina
Gary@stormpod.org

Gary & Angela - Kilo & Sierra (K9s) Southwest Ohio

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L 4WD | 2016 White Hawk 27DSLR

www.stormpod.org

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:46 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfenwick View Post
We have gone through PDI with three new RV's - a TT and two motorhomes. In hindsight and being brutally honest, I conclude that you have to live with one of these things for a period of several months as a minimum to have any real understanding of what you bought. There are just too many different things that can go wrong, some being rather subtle and showing themselves only in specific circumstances. In two of the three cases we accumulated a whole bunch of squawks and then scheduled the thing into the factory service center. Most dealer service departments are a joke; life's too short to subject yourself to the aggravation.
I have to disagree Chasfenwick, the PDI gives u an opportunity to look, touch, inspect and operate everything on the RV with a technician and dealer to document and fix prior to final acceptance. Agree that in a few months owner may/will find additional items but hopefully they are small
Old 05-04-2017, 10:20 AM   #32

At three months our 2017 Precept 31UL squawk list had ballooned to 19 issues, none of which having been identified in a PDI that went on for ~3 hours with a highly experienced RV technician. As a matter of fact, AFTER the PDI but before we had left the dealership, unbeknownst to us until days later, he had CAUSED another problem that was to become the most serious of them all!
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #33

Thank you for this. I will definitely be using this when we pick up our new Jay Feather this weekend!
CharlesandKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #34

pdi

Thanks looks good did not see anything about the roof inspection.May be I missed it. I did not get up there and take a look until we got home.Its taken about 1 1/2 years for JAYCO to agree to replace entire roof.Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
DTOP7.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #35

Just took possession of my 2017 321 RSTS and found serious issues: So much for Jayco's tongue and groove ply wood- 3 ft by 4 ft area between my bed and dresser not screwed down? Major squeaks. Hall way squeaks into bathroom- found hump in front of the toilet, where the tongue and groove has not been seated at all? no fix there, when the whole unit has been built over the flooring. Complete reno of the bathroom. I really should be taking it back to the dealer and asking for a full refund! They got your money and said they will fix it this winter! The slide bracket was not welded to a true 90 degrees and has to be replaced. Slide was not adjusted and 1" gap on the door side. when retracting it makes all kinds of racket- other 2 are nice and quite! 3/8 " gap on bottom of pantry door? No easy fix, after the whole unit is completed! Foil insulation is hanging loose in the under storage compartment. So much for the 4 season pkg. Another top quality build by Jayco! Awning has a 3/16" hole in it. Brand new unit! So for all you customers willing to buy a Jayco! look real close to everything before purchasing! if you need to get down on your hands and knees and inspect the flooring close, look for humps, squeaks in the flooring! hallway looks like 2 screws sticking up? fast build- lacks in quality! I paid cash in full, should of held back $5000 "Very disappointed in the quality! no quality control!in the factory. Worse yet is the dealer missed it all in their PDI!
Old 06-27-2017, 03:38 PM   #36

Knowledge is half of the battle!

I think this list is going to be very helpful Friday when I pick up my Jay Flight SLX 245 RLSW. When I bouth my first camper, a Jay Flight 185RB I didn't have a clue! I just followed along behind the dealer and looked at the things he said to look at. This list will allow me to be a much more informed customer!

Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:42 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdduke View Post
Just took possession of my 2017 321 RSTS and found serious issues: So much for Jayco's tongue and groove ply wood- 3 ft by 4 ft area between my bed and dresser not screwed down? Major squeaks. Hall way squeaks into bathroom- found hump in front of the toilet, where the tongue and groove has not been seated at all? no fix there, when the whole unit has been built over the flooring. Complete reno of the bathroom. I really should be taking it back to the dealer and asking for a full refund! They got your money and said they will fix it this winter! The slide bracket was not welded to a true 90 degrees and has to be replaced. Slide was not adjusted and 1" gap on the door side. when retracting it makes all kinds of racket- other 2 are nice and quite! 3/8 " gap on bottom of pantry door? No easy fix, after the whole unit is completed! Foil insulation is hanging loose in the under storage compartment. So much for the 4 season pkg. Another top quality build by Jayco! Awning has a 3/16" hole in it. Brand new unit! So for all you customers willing to buy a Jayco! look real close to everything before purchasing! if you need to get down on your hands and knees and inspect the flooring close, look for humps, squeaks in the flooring! hallway looks like 2 screws sticking up? fast build- lacks in quality! I paid cash in full, should of held back $5000 "Very disappointed in the quality! no quality control!in the factory. Worse yet is the dealer missed it all in their PDI!
Hi we have same camper 2016 same problem with flooring only living area.Just had entire roof replaced June 5, 2017,was a sorry install from factory.Watch for roller marks underneath kitchen slide!Seems Jayco is having problems with plastic rollers.On your 3000 suspension Jayco used plastic bushings vs metal.Mine lasted a little over a year.Besides that and 20 other warranty items great camper!Oh don't forget when you go in with warranty.Call Jayco in a couple of days to make sure they actually made repairs request.We caught are dealer only turning things in they wanted to repair.Then telling us other item were denied. Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
5.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:31 AM   #38

Good morning kdduke. Makes me feel guilty for complaining about a bent frame. Can't get anyone to understand the problems it is causing. Ours is a pop up and because of it you can't get the door to seal. How anyone in the factory could do an inspection before it left the factory and approve it is beyond me.
jmbmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #39

Wholly Molly , after reading some of these stories of disaster, kind of scares the bejesus out of me as far as ordering a new TT.
Sounds like you can go from camping heaven to reality hell really quick.
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #40

Thank you for the PDI. We are doing the walk through and delivery on Saturday (7/22) of our 2018 29 MVP. When I did the walk through of our last 5th wheel, I had no idea of what was going on. I just went with the Tech and he told me what to look at and whatnot. I was blind to the whole walk through experience. I'll email my dealer and attach this PDI and let them know what I want to look over.

Brady