Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #21

Another thing to consider Just how much time did the REP spend with you in making the sale. My guess would be well over an hour. So why should less time be spent in a PDI after the sale.

The only difference is that the sales rep is most likely working for a commission and will spend whatever amount of time is needed to make a sale

Whereas the tech is most likely earning an hourly wage and the more time he spends with you takes away from time he could be making more for the dealer.

bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:31 PM   #22

Great checklist and very detailed!I noted a big issue with the poor construction od the roof, especially on the plywood seams. Even with light pressure, there was a lot of movement? I mentioned this to the fellow doing the inspection walk through, and his response was that they are all like that?? A $70,000 5th wheel, and they are all like that! I have taken lots of photos and a video of the quality. Will be keeping lots of duct tape handy!

kdduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #23

So true! lots of minor defects. Staples not wood filled. gelcoat already cracked at front left overhang, looks like it was rubbed up against something and cracked the gelcoat. Scuffed decal 3 ft. down. more attention to final detail is required before leaving the plant. Dealers need to pick up on this as well. Not just quick sales!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #24

Great advice to do a walk through by yourself! I had noticed the pantry door was way out of wack! top fitted nice but bottom was easily 1/4 excess gap? No real quick fix, maybe a small shim on the lower hinge??
Old 04-27-2017, 09:02 PM   #25

Pdi

I was notified today that my Seneca will be ready for Inspection and pick up the week of May 8.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:51 AM   #26

Thanks for posting the list. We take delivery on our Greyhawk tomorrow and plan on using this for our PDI.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #27

Thanks for the PDI very good info, I'll use it on our New 293 rkds in june. FFD
frenchfrydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #28

I revised the PDI to include the motor home portion of the inspection. Included a Findings, Notes and Comments page after each section. Also in the header and footer sections I added line items for documenting the Model, VIN, Dealer, date of Inspection and Technicians Name. I plan on using this as part of the final documentation package with a copy to the dealer. Unfortunately the forum will not let me upload do to the size. If anyone would like a copy in Word send me your Email address and I'll send. The file is 370 kb. Additionally, if anyone has other items to add please do so and share.

Jiggles
37TS
North Carolina
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #29

PDI is a waste of time

We have gone through PDI with three new RV's - a TT and two motorhomes. In hindsight and being brutally honest, I conclude that you have to live with one of these things for a period of several months as a minimum to have any real understanding of what you bought. There are just too many different things that can go wrong, some being rather subtle and showing themselves only in specific circumstances. In two of the three cases we accumulated a whole bunch of squawks and then scheduled the thing into the factory service center. Most dealer service departments are a joke; life's too short to subject yourself to the aggravation.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:47 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I revised the PDI to include the motor home portion of the inspection. Included a Findings, Notes and Comments page after each section. Also in the header and footer sections I added line items for documenting the Model, VIN, Dealer, date of Inspection and Technicians Name. I plan on using this as part of the final documentation package with a copy to the dealer. Unfortunately the forum will not let me upload do to the size. If anyone would like a copy in Word send me your Email address and I'll send. The file is 370 kb. Additionally, if anyone has other items to add please do so and share.

Jiggles
37TS
North Carolina
Gary@stormpod.org

Gary & Angela - Kilo & Sierra (K9s) Southwest Ohio

2000 GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L 4WD | 2016 White Hawk 27DSLR

www.stormpod.org

2016 - 82 Nights - 2878 miles.
2015 - 72 Nights - 3205.8 miles.

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
Stormpod1 is offline   Reply With Quote