Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-15-2019, 07:51 AM   #1

Pinnacle Issues

My wife and i full time, and we bought a 2020 Pinnacle 39 KPTS in September. Now, the levelung system has crapped out, electric water heater died, and now the electric heat has stopped working....Anyone else had issues like these? This rig is not even 6 months old!
TheLongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #2

How cold is it outside? The Heat-pump only works down to about 40 degrees since RV Heat-pump units do not have coil defrost systems like they do for houses.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
How cold is it outside? The Heat-pump only works down to about 40 degrees since RV Heat-pump units do not have coil defrost systems like they do for houses.
Well that part mskes sense....But the main control board for the leveler, or the electric water heater still dont
Old 12-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongs View Post
Well that part mskes sense....But the main control board for the leveler, or the electric water heater still dont
They come from different 3rd party companies so anything could have happened. Have you had them fixed? If not contact JAYCO and see if they will authorize a Mobile Tech since you are full timing.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #5

Quote:
My wife and i full time, and we bought a 2020 Pinnacle 39 KPTS in September. Now, the levelung system has crapped out, electric water heater died, and now the electric heat has stopped working....Anyone else had issues like these? This rig is not even 6 months old!
We have had a few issues with ours too but it is the 2019 though it was new. The first was the awning collapsed within 24 hours, the dealer was no help and we called Jayco and they paid to have the arms replaced and the labor for a mobile service. Then the heater quit too but we don't have the heat pump just the Dometic furnace. Called Jayco and they referred us to an authorized Dometic repair service because it falls under the manufacturers warranty. We got ours fixed, it was a faulty "sail switch" it was replaced with a newer version that is supposed to work better and not get stuck....we'll see.
Then we found out by accident that our frig has a faulty propane burner when we lost power one day due to a storm and when the frig switched over to propane and just didn't sound right....like it was getting too much air. So, I turned it off. When we had the furnace fixed I had the repairman look at the frig and he said it is a known problem with those burners and ordered a new one, again covered under warranty.
So, while we have had a few issues. We are still pleased with the unit so far and hope it works out all of the little "bugs" while under warranty.
We are also learning the leveling system. It seems to function correctly but we are still 0.1 degree off from level ??? We will be trying it again as soon as our Snap Pads arrive.

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #6

Dont get me wrong i love this rig, but it is very disappointing to have issues in 4 months with a 100k unit
Old 12-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Dont get me wrong i love this rig, but it is very disappointing to have issues in 4 months with a 100k unit
Oh, I hear you loud and clear as we were not happy either with such an expensive rig. But, just like a new car they have problems too. I think the majority of the issues are the "installed" appliances which are not made by Jayco therefore problems can and will arise. The one reason we chose our unit was due to the warranty and the layout and so far Jayco has been very responsive in helping us, that's a major plus for me. I do believe the 2020 models now come with a three year warranty so maybe that will give you a little more comfort. Unfortunately nothing is made as well as it was years ago with so many parts being outsourced. That is one of the reasons I still drive a 23 year old car because she has been a good one and I know it like the back of my hand and can fix it cheaper than a new car

Hopefully things work out for you and you are welcome to message me anytime if I can help. You will also find this forum to have a bunch of really good people willing to help and or advise.
Take care

Old 12-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #8

I need to figure out who to contact st Jayco...So far i have left mrssages and emails with no response...Hopefully its just a weekend issue
Old 12-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #9

They are not there on a weekend so that is why no one is responding.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #10

Quote:
I need to figure out who to contact st Jayco...So far i have left mrssages and emails with no response...Hopefully its just a weekend issue
Have you contacted the dealer? They should be able to get things checked out and repaired. As fulltimers, Where are you located currently?

You’ll soon hear that Jayco is shut down starting 12/20 until 1/2 for a computer system migration. Learned this when I dropped mine for warranty repairs last week.
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:24 AM   #11

Dropping at the dealer is not an option, we are 1800 miles away
Old 12-18-2019, 08:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Dropping at the dealer is not an option, we are 1800 miles away
As stated above, contact Jayco and explain your situation. Many full timers on here have found a mobile tech to repair their rigs and received reimbursement from Jayco.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:41 AM   #13

That is the route we have been attempting, but Jayco is being very combative and refusing reimbursement for a mobile tech...
Old 12-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #14

Quote:
That is the route we have been attempting, but Jayco is being very combative and refusing reimbursement for a mobile tech...
I am surprised you are having such an issue with Jayco? Maybe we were just lucky and they were extremely helpful to us.....

Here's a couple of options....
1. It sounds like the issues are manufacturer issues not Jayco direct so maybe ask for referral to an authorized repair service, who will bill the manufacturer for parts and labor. You might have to pay for the mobile service call but it would cheaper in the long run and ease some frustration.

2. Ask Jayco if they would be willing to pay for the parts and labor if you pay for the service call....which would be a compromise.

3. Check the manufacturer website to look for a local service center and or mobile service, they are contracted with a lot all over the US.

Just some random thoughts.....hope you get it resolved soon.

Take care

Old 12-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
As stated above, contact Jayco and explain your situation. Many full timers on here have found a mobile tech to repair their rigs and received reimbursement from Jayco.

We have had very good luck doing just this
Poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #16

We have had good luck with the respective vendors, with Jayco doing little more than giving us their phone numbers. When the washer went out, the Splendide people sent out the same appliance guy we used to use at the house. Never a penny out of pocket besides the quarters for laundry while waiting a few days for parts.
When the water heater went south, Dometic agreed to send the digital controller board direct to me (warranty) once I convinced them that I was comfortable installing it.

Jayco is hard to get ahold of but the vendors are pretty easy to deal with and are readily available, I have found. E-mail is slower with Jayco but you don't wait on hold and you have the "paper trail" if needed for warranty.

I'm ordering a furnace sail switch. Our furnace works now but it;s cold out and all the posts here tell us it's almost always the sail switch ($25). When it goes out, I'll have Dometic send another one on warranty to replace mine in spare. Likely same with another water heater controller board. Even Dometic told me to buy it on Amazon for half their price.
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #17

The other day I contacted Furrion about my POS DV1220. Tried to convince them to let me return the one I have and send me a new one. No help whatsoever..........they said that Jayco would void our warranty if they did that. They said I would have to take it to the nearest Jayco dealer, which is a 500 mile round trip, for the dealer to "diagnose" the problem................as if a Jayco dealer had an electronic diagnostic team on staff!! Wonder if it would do any good to contact Jayco?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #18

We just bought a new 2020 FLWS. When it arrived on site having been transported from Indiana the levelers weren’t working. I had not plugged it into shore power yet. I determined the 2 batteries were close to dead.

Having plugged onto shore power gave the levelers the juice they needed. I since put a battery charger on to accelerate charging them up having unplugged from shore to go battery only on the levelers to prove that was the problem, it was.
Winnabego Adventurer
Coachman Mirada
Jayco Pinnacle 5W
Motorhommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:39 PM   #19

We live in our 2019 Pinnacle 36ssws. The slide in the slide, bedroom, although an awesome idea, was not well thought out. There is a design flaw because the body of the rig cannot handle the additional weight. We have a 5 inch crack in the body at the corner of the larger slide. We have had the same issues as some with the frig not working on propane. The dealer "fixed" it twice....not! It took a mobile RV repair to properly fix it. The bedroom door won't close because the flash plate is about 1 to 2 inches off from the latch. The stainless sinks in the bathroom are both rusted. The 2 motors in the big bedroom slide stopped working on our maiden voyage. The awnings stick in the closed position. One of the hoses going to the kitchen sink sprung a leak. Luckily it was under the slide out. The mobile RV repair said the hose was defective. We love the floor plan and have had decent luck with Rodney at The Jayco factory. However, if we had to do it over again, we would go with Grand Design Solitude. We believe as you all do that the product should be better made for the almost 100K spent on the rig.
TripleG1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #20

These problems are very common across the RV industry since Thor Industries bought Jayco among others. They do things on the cheap now.

Tags
issues