Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-29-2020, 08:24 PM   #21

When I do have sell my camper it will be in a storage center. Helpful hints on presenting all the systems even tho there is no electricity or water? I could run the refrigerator, water heater and furnace on propane. Electric lights, awning on battery. But not refrigerator or MW on shoreline electric. Would you buy not seeing everything in action in all the ways they can run??

Grumpy's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
Don’t post your phone number or give your email on craigs list you will get either scammed or very annoyed over the amount of attempts to scam you!
Then how can someone contact you that actually wants to buy it?
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:02 PM   #23
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
Then how can someone contact you that actually wants to buy it?
Craigslist gives you an internal email through their system that the buyer responds to. This way, you can communicate with the potential seller to see if they're legit and not a scam, before you give them your real email or number, or get theirs, to call them.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter2 View Post
Looking for opinions from sellers. What is the best way to sell your RV.? We are planning to upgrade from x19H to a 2020 x23B but because we are going through online sales, the best we are offered in trade-in is a percentage of wholesale price. Which is a lot less than I anticipated So, looking at services that offer to sell your RV for you, local classified ads, Jayco listings here, etc. If you have sold your RV rather Han trade in, please let me know how you did it and if it was worth it. Thanks for your help.
I used Facebook Market, Craigs List and RV trader. I never did ask the buyer which one he found my listing on.
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:31 AM   #25

Selling RV

We just sold our class c on Marketplace. It shows how many people viewed it. Was a great experience. I would go in and update the pictures now and then. As mentioned in previous replys clean it up, open up any slides , declutter inside and take plenty of pictures. I opened up all the cabinets and showed the amount of storage there was. Also list every option it came with and any upgrades you might have done. ( I upgraded the front and rear suspension with Helwig, best thing I did.)
Also I checked the value and researched what other private sellers were selling theirs for and priced it to sell.
Dannie0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:26 PM   #26

I bought my new 5th wheel then put my old one (2010 Jayco Eagle Super Lite) on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. Marketplace limits you to 10 photos. Craigslist allows 20 photos.
Get your trailer as clean an awesome looking as possible. Take pictures until you you have really good ones. Put as many pictures as possible on the media. When someone contacted me on Marketplace about pics I always referred them to my Craigslist ad that had 20 pic's. If possible have everything turned on so they can see it work. I had my old 5th wheel 6 years and sold it for $4k less than I paid. Like others have said be sure everything works. I priced mine for more than I was willing to take and then was able to reduce the price with those that like to negotiate. Sold it on Marketplace. I also sold my son's popup on Marketplace for the same price he had paid 4 years earlier. Good luck. If you are looking for a new camper look until you know exactly what you want and then go on RV Trader.com and price shop. I live in Tennessee and bought my new camper from a dealer in Fargo, N.D. saved me $5K over the next best price for the camper on RV Trader we had decided upon and $12k over the closest dealer (400 miles away) that had that camper in stock. My experience with campers over the years (I've had 6) the best time to buy is in November and December. Bought the last 3 between September and December. Sold mine and my son's in April and May respectively. Good luck and enjoy the experience.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote