Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #11

Jayco seems to have a little problem with slides right from the factory. Both of our big slides don't extend out at the bottom like they should. World Wide RV sent a "technician" to adjust them and all he managed to do was to get the street side slide to not retract all the way in. So here we are traveling with the bottom of that slide sticking out about two inches. I knew we were in trouble when he crawled under the slide with a wrench in one hand and his cell phone in the other. We are headed for Idaho Falls to a dealer that thinks his crew can do the job. I guess we will find out in a couple of days.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #12

I was in contact with Jayco's customer service as well as the selling dealer today. Both of them treated me very well and plans are being made to proceed with a repair by a local dealer.

mdordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #13

Our trailer will be going into Bish's RV in Idaho Falls tomorrow morning. I will post on the outcome. So far they have been very helpful and even stored our extra truck and trailer so we wouldn't have any problem checking in to a campground. They even offered to plug us in at the shop for the night but we opted for a CG for television and internet.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdordahl View Post
I am the original poster. I eventually retracted my slide today and found it will work on an intermittent basis. I seem to need to tap lightly on the motor........sometimes that will work and sometimes not. I'll contact Jayco tomorrow. It's frustrating to have this happen on the very first day of ownership. I'm not seeing a location to place a wrench or socket on the mechanism to retract manually........I'll have to look further.
Please keep us posted on this. I have not had a single problem with my slides yet.
2015 Chevy Silverrado 2500
14,000#/1400 Equal-i-zer 4-way sway bars
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #15

Received my replacement slide gears/motors today; I checked my dates... Two weeks from first notification to parts delivered (not the "+" that I earlier reported)
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #16

As a follow up to my original post, Jayco and my selling dealer, Hilltop Trailer Sales in Minneapolis were excellent to work with on this issue. I had a new motor delivered to my door yesterday and my selling dealer had already made arrangements for a local repair to be done. After looking at it, I changed out the motor myself this afternoon. It was just two bolts and two wire connectors and an easy fix. The slide works great and all is well! Thanks to both Hilltop Trailer Sales and Jayco for the good service.
mdordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdordahl View Post
As a follow up to my original post, Jayco and my selling dealer, Hilltop Trailer Sales in Minneapolis were excellent to work with on this issue. I had a new motor delivered to my door yesterday and my selling dealer had already made arrangements for a local repair to be done. After looking at it, I changed out the motor myself this afternoon. It was just two bolts and two wire connectors and an easy fix. The slide works great and all is well! Thanks to both Hilltop Trailer Sales and Jayco for the good service.
I too swapped my motors out and finished today. Although, I had four bolts and four wires (+ & - plus the two brake wires) :hihi:

Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote