Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2022, 10:25 AM   #21

There may be units available on the lots but I am finding it difficult to get reservations at the good campgrounds.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:02 AM   #22

Plenty in Alabama Rocket RV
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 12:05 PM   #23

Let’s not make comments that have no basis. I have heard of no one that has sold their Travel Trailer to be able to afford gas to get to work and back.
Amocoharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amocoharley View Post
Let’s not make comments that have no basis. I have heard of no one that has sold their Travel Trailer to be able to afford gas to get to work and back.
pretty sure there are plenty of people selling because of that reason.. When you see consignment dealerships with more RV's, mostly Toy Haulers, than used autos. Thats a very good sign people are dumping their toys to cope with the current inflation problem. And then when you start getting email invitations from RV resorts impossible to get RSVP's a year ago and dropping their prices drastically, that's another solid sign......We are defiantly cutting our planned RV venture trips way back due to cost of fuel and inflation overall. We will still use our RV but not for long haul trips.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 03:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
pretty sure there are plenty of people selling because of that reason.. When you see consignment dealerships with more RV's, mostly Toy Haulers, than used autos. Thats a very good sign people are dumping their toys to cope with the current inflation problem.
Inflation is a problem, it's the highest rate in many years. But there is another thing involved, why did RV sales jump so much in the last two years? I don't have an answer for that. Maybe I do, but that would get this post deleted. What I do know, if I was so close to the edge financially, and having to choose between buying gas for work, there is no way I would be buying a new or newer RV. Most folks on here can deal with a couple of bucks more a gallon. Pretty scary if I had to make a choice between living and working and buying fuel, or selling the RV. It would never have happened to start with.

A great share of people's RV's for sale are during the buyers remorse stage and looking at their financial status. Just some of my thoughts. I invite any criticism.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper906 View Post
Inflation is a problem, it's the highest rate in many years. But there is another thing involved, why did RV sales jump so much in the last two years? I don't have an answer for that. Maybe I do, but that would get this post deleted. What I do know, if I was so close to the edge financially, and having to choose between buying gas for work, there is no way I would be buying a new or newer RV. Most folks on here can deal with a couple of bucks more a gallon. Pretty scary if I had to make a choice between living and working and buying fuel, or selling the RV. It would never have happened to start with.

A great share of people's RV's for sale are during the buyers remorse stage and looking at their financial status. Just some of my thoughts. I invite any criticism.
If you follow the RV bloggers Traveler world you'll find lots of folks got RV's simply to take advantage and travel and work on the go. My last year at work (2021) was out of our RV. My wife still works and she does most of her duties as we travel. I know and meet lots of folks on the same boat. We have friends that purchased RV's because they wanted to do what we did.. Different story now,, People are being forced back into the office. Although i have my own opionion on the pandemic, I certainly enjoyed the period of time,..
Old 04-09-2022, 04:45 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
If you follow the RV bloggers Traveler world you'll find lots of folks got RV's simply to take advantage and travel and work on the go. My last year at work (2021) was out of our RV. My wife still works and she does most of her duties as we travel. I know and meet lots of folks on the same boat. We have friends that purchased RV's because they wanted to do what we did.. Different story now,, People are being forced back into the office. Although i have my own opionion on the pandemic, I certainly enjoyed the period of time,..
My wife and I worked out of ours for a little over 6 months in 2020-2021. We will probably look back some day as that being one of the best experiences of our lives. Of course, it was parked in our driveway the entire time while our kids did their school work in the house.....lol
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 07:50 PM   #28

This is double edged. I been thinking another year or so I can get a deal on a newer Super C. But the one I have will be worth less so.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 08:06 PM   #29

So does this mean the assembly lines on production coaches will slow down, and the build quality will go up? HA!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 08:31 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
So does this mean the assembly lines on production coaches will slow down, and the build quality will go up? HA!
Announced cuts in production a few months ago. Pandemic related travel is decreasing and folks are going back to air travel and hotels.

Your seeing pandemic conditions and inflation conditions won’t hit for a couple more months especially since fuel prices have stabilized a little.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 04:38 AM   #31

Listening to the RV Wingman the other day. He had an expert on the show who said to look for used RV prices to drop for most of the reasons already discussed here, however, new RV's not so much if at all. Reason given was inflation, and the fact that everything keeps getting more expensive. before, it was supply issues, and he said those were getting resolved pretty quickly, but due to inflation, they have little flexibility on new pricing. Another new supply issue, he said, was drivers to deliver them to the dealers. Again, fuel prices were quoted as one issue, as delivery companies are only paying so much. Also, the lack of new Pickups to buy and their prices, are making folks think twice about spending 70-100K on a new rig.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:21 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
I notice Jayco now gives you a 20 year warranty on the roof alone. That there is a huge significant change in quality.. They are also using better floor material, i understand plywood and not engineered material. Build quality will defiantly be betting better
Old 04-10-2022, 07:49 AM   #33

Just to share a thought…

Neighbor has a landscaping business. His shop is near a 2 acre lot used by a gent who runs a repo business. Used to be a few cars here and there, but nowadays the lot is full and they are having daily pickups to move them out. Demand at auctions is very high right now. The repo guy mentioned that banks apparently have a 60 day provision in their contracts on missing payments, so on day 61 he’s called to go get the car/truck. Apparently with all the “free money” given out during COVID folks went on a buying spree, and now that its dried up they’re having to pay the piper. Wondering if this applies to RVs to some extent???
Old 04-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #34

Quote:
I notice Jayco now gives you a 20 year warranty on the roof alone. That there is a huge significant change in quality.. They are also using better floor material, i understand plywood and not engineered material. Build quality will defiantly be betting better
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
Just to share a thought…

Neighbor has a landscaping business. His shop is near a 2 acre lot used by a gent who runs a repo business. Used to be a few cars here and there, but nowadays the lot is full and they are having daily pickups to move them out. Demand at auctions is very high right now. The repo guy mentioned that banks apparently have a 60 day provision in their contracts on missing payments, so on day 61 he’s called to go get the car/truck. Apparently with all the “free money” given out during COVID folks went on a buying spree, and now that its dried up they’re having to pay the piper. Wondering if this applies to RVs to some extent???
Very true, and I forgot to mention that the so-called expert said as much as you said here. He said quality improved very much after the 2008 financial crash and they couldn't give them away.

My wife's business has a small fleet of Ram trucks and vans, and a regular turnover as some get on in miles. We were at our dealer, who we pretty much deal with exclusively as they are very good to us, getting the oil changed in my truck, and she was looking for a year or two old used van for a new employee. The used car manager preferred not to sell her a used one. He said she could buy a brand new one for the same money or less. He said some of the junk being sold at auction, and he meant junk, were going for outrageous prices that he couldn't believe. So, we are waiting for a couple of new work vans coming this month for her to choose from.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:29 AM   #35

Really confusing as WGO claims to have a huge backlog of orders they can't fill.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/449...owing-industry
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #36

What's happening with the new/used car market is just what I said. Used dealers paid high prices for used stuff. New stuff was backlogged because of chips, now getting them on market and the 22 production and dealers got to move it. So new stuff getting price cut to move and used guys stuck with high dollar used. Saw it coming.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 04:57 PM   #37

I believe prices on RVs will also drop when they can't move them. I remember the ad I saw all the time about "We want to buy your RV". Haven't seen that ad lately. Also, can't wait for campgrounds to drop their prices as the big explosion they were expecting is not going to happen anytime soon.
Joey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:14 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey55 View Post
I believe prices on RVs will also drop when they can't move them. I remember the ad I saw all the time about "We want to buy your RV". Haven't seen that ad lately. Also, can't wait for campgrounds to drop their prices as the big explosion they were expecting is not going to happen anytime soon.
Open any RV magazine and you will see the adds. Signs everywhere around campgrounds.

Campgrounds are filling up fast . Make by your summer reservations now or you’ll sit at home.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:49 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Very true, and I forgot to mention that the so-called expert said as much as you said here. He said quality improved very much after the 2008 financial crash and they couldn't give them away.
Post 2008 is an interesting reference. This picture was taken in August of 2010. This is a 2008 Nash 25P that was still sitting brand new on the dealer lot 2 years later. (I'm not going to remind my wife of how young she looked back then ) We didn't end up purchasing this exact trailer. But, it was a great time to buy.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG00071-20100813-1456.jpg  
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 07:02 PM   #40
CAG

Quote:
and will now be upside down on those 20 year notes.
And that is why we pay cash for what we buy. I know, it sounds snarky but while we were doing this long before Dave Ramsey, it is so much better than owing your soul to the company store.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote