Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #21

My list is heading your direction. Two versions being sent - Microsoft Word and PDF
Texas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #22

What, no duct tape?
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #23

A giant roll is automatically added to all my tool boxes. Wish I owned Duck Tape stock!!

Let's see a roll is in my: workshop, truck tool box, car tool box, camper tool box, boat tool box, motorcycle tool box, in the garage, and my wife's garden box. Think that just about covers it. Ha.
Texas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #24

I bought a cordless impact driver for my old trailer ,that I used to raise and lower my manual stabilizers.(My new TT also has manual cranks so guess what?) ,I can lower and raise them quicker than my friend with his electric. also saves muscles. I love it

"Grandpas are like Dads except with no rules"
Gesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Camper View Post
A giant roll is automatically added to all my tool boxes. Wish I owned Duck Tape stock!!

Let's see a roll is in my: workshop, truck tool box, car tool box, camper tool box, boat tool box, motorcycle tool box, in the garage, and my wife's garden box. Think that just about covers it. Ha.
You are a real Mans Man

"Grandpas are like Dads except with no rules"
Gesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #26

I keep a detailed list of "travel prep" items on my smart phone and it's very easy to open the app and walk around our trailer and perform each task. Just an idea.
krcarter54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcarter54 View Post
I keep a detailed list of "travel prep" items on my smart phone and it's very easy to open the app and walk around our trailer and perform each task. Just an idea.
That's a great idea, thanks.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #28

I just bought a 2015 Jayco greyhawk 31FS. Been doing a lot of reading, have not gone out on the road. In the Command Center there's an Inverter with a green button. I can't find anything in the owners manuel about the Inverter. What does the inverter do and how do I use it, when do I turn it on and when do I turn it off? Thank you in Advance
naturespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #29

Your inverter runs your 12v system, lights,fans. It is powered by your 120v sys when your plugged into a power supply. Your green light is your indicator that tells you it's on,you don't turn it off its automatic. Your wall plugs as you would have in a house are 120v.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #30

Thanks Much Bulldog. I'm trying to get all of my thoughts together (after the orientation and reading of the manuals) to put together a step by step check list from when I park my RV at a campsite, to breaking down and departing a campsite. I guess once I hit the road and arrive at a campsite and go though the drill of setting up and then taking down, it will become easier. But until then....... I will still need to get my check list together. Thanks again,

The Mountains are Calling..... I Must GO!
naturespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #31

Smile Don't keep them waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturespaintbrush View Post
Thanks Much Bulldog. I'm trying to get all of my thoughts together (after the orientation and reading of the manuals) to put together a step by step check list from when I park my RV at a campsite, to breaking down and departing a campsite. I guess once I hit the road and arrive at a campsite and go though the drill of setting up and then taking down, it will become easier. But until then....... I will still need to get my check list together. Thanks again,

The Mountains are Calling..... I Must GO!

It does get easier. And don't keep them mountains waiting.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicS1950 View Post
Wordpad or MS Word bullet lists are very easy to update and modify. As was mentioned, nothing gets struck off my list (I line out the items) until it is ACTUALLY aboard. I learned that just being in your way, or in the pile as you leave the door of your home is no guarantee that the item will be picked up and properly loaded. FWIW. vic
Yes!!!!! I do the same thing, and usually we keep most things in the camper and load miscellaneous things before the trip. I then mark it off the list. Once, I had worked a night shift before we were planning to leave, and my husband was responsible for loading the camper instead of me. The conversation went like this after we were at the campground: Me: "Where are the coffee cups?" Him: "They're not here?" Me: "No, but you marked them off the list." Him: "Oh, I just figured they were already in here." Me: "%^$%^." That happened with about three other items. That's why I never mark it off the list unless I lay eyes on it in the camper.
mspontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynforpar View Post
I learned a long time ago to make a list of the essentials you need to bring for each outing. I check off each item as I put it in the camper. You would be surprised how helpful this is because there is no doubt that you will forget something. Keep it an active list and each time you think about something you should have had, add it to the list.
We also make a meals/menu list for each trip, and a separate list of the ingredients needed, and we check those off as we load the pantry and 'fridge. In the several years we've camped, it hasn't been us go begging for forgotten foodstuffs. ;-)(There's enough leeway in our menu that we can change things up if we want to, but it's helpful to know what you're having so you know when to start the coals or turn on the oven.)[/FONT]
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #34

When using the TT to attend workshops, classes, etc. and staying where there are full hookups, we've been known to stock the fridge with premade meals from the deli (e.g., meatloaf, 2x baked potatoes, Harris Ranch Pot Roast) that we nuke. Lazy, I know, but gotta adjust the provisions for the type of outing! Now when really camping/boondocking ... home-cooked every night with heavy reliance on the BBQ (fish, steak, burgers, sausages, etc.)!

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:38 PM   #35

BTW, there are a couple of other threads like this one:
  1. http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...ons-25607.html
  2. http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...mer-25714.html
On one of these, I previously provided the following:
I am attaching a generic PDF of our check-list; be gentle for as the DW, I may not have stated some of the steps the way my DH would. The reason for doing this was to help assist as much as possible without sounding like a nag ~ this takes the personalities out of the picture.

We purchased a red folder with page protectors to store the print-outs; we keep it in the cabinet right inside the door where the Jayco bag is with all instructions. In the same folder are checklists for what we need to bring (food, personal items), do (buy, fix, punch list for Jayco dealer), and campsite records (directions, preferred site numbers,).

These checklists will be useful when our son borrows the TV / TT since this is more complex than the tent-trailer he inherited; he hasn't gone with us yet to experience what all needs to occur with this fancier set-up!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RVlists4others.pdf (44.8 KB, 401 views)

Old 04-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
When using the TT to attend workshops, classes, etc. and staying where there are full hookups, we've been known to stock the fridge with premade meals from the deli (e.g., meatloaf, 2x baked potatoes, Harris Ranch Pot Roast) that we nuke. Lazy, I know, but gotta adjust the provisions for the type of outing! Now when really camping/boondocking ... home-cooked every night with heavy reliance on the BBQ (fish, steak, burgers, sausages, etc.)!
We also have a file folder/notebook for various print-outs and lists. Jim keeps a record of high and low temps, too, and the general weather conditions - and the occasional bird sighting. The trogans were exciting ....

At RV parks, we've done TV dinners a couple of times; for dry camping, Jim (the cook) makes as much ahead of time as he can: micros the potatoes so we can finish them on the coals, chops up veggies for the foil-wrapped packets, marinates the salmon (we don't do steak), and so forth. For the last few trips, we've made sure we always have ... chocolate gelato! No matter what's goin' on, good day or bad, that's a lovely way to finish up.
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #37

And a great hint from my tent camping days ~ make a soup (e.g., clam or corn chowder was a favorite) and FREEZE it. Initially, it is a fridge 'ice block', eventually it is dinner ~ just add a loaf of bread and salad! Fantastic hint for newbie campers!

For fish (if you hate cleaning it off the BBQ), tent it up in a PAM-sprayed foil envelope with a tablespoon or two of wine, slices of lemon, and desired seasonings) and BBQ for 15-20 minutes (depending on the fish thickness, heat, etc.). Quick, easy, no clean-up, and skin falls right off!

SO ... add foil and PAM to your pantry.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #38

Jerky can be rehydrated for chili and stews, doesn't take up much space and doesn't need refrigeration.
I also carry a laser thermometer which makes a quick and easy way to check on the trailer bearings or find a sticking trailer brake.
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #39

Un Clog Everything.

I have been removing plastic shavings from every faucet, sink, filter and whatever else since I got the new TT. As soon as you notice a drop in pressure, start removing screens and cleaning filters.
humbleguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #40

Thanks for this thread!
llilith is offline   Reply With Quote