Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
Good question RVhiker. I would assume they have some kind of licensing agreement that can be enforced?
Probably true if the dealer was a JAYCO only dealer, but most are multi-brand dealers. Unfortunately that makes first come, first served and if units before you take a week or 3 you'll wait.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
snip...
I originated this thread yesterday right after getting off the phone with the indy repair shop where he denied responsibility and said my trailer sat on his lot at my risk. So I was just a little hot at the time. ...snip
Have you talked with your insurance company, and maybe the indy shop's insurance carrier?

When my TT received extensive hail damage waiting at the dealer for a couch from Jayco, my insurance co paid for the hail damage. Not the same situation, I'll admit, but close.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 01-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeslider View Post
Like some others here I'm not happy with my Jayco or the dealer. Maybe a "swarm" of owners with their trailers & rv's should show up at Jayco HQ next spring & meet with their management.

We can call it a Quality Rally!

What say ye?
Not meant to be a slam against Jayco. We recently traded our Jayco X23B hybrid for a Forest River trailer, (Coachmen). One of the first things I noticed about FR is they have an annual Forest River Owners Group rally, or F.R.O.G.

They have factory reps there to fix problems folks have and some even get them fixed at the factory. Wouldn't it be nice if Jayco would have something similar?
Gerard
Old 01-29-2017, 03:20 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Have you talked with your insurance company, and maybe the indy shop's insurance carrier?

When my TT received extensive hail damage waiting at the dealer for a couch from Jayco, my insurance co paid for the hail damage. Not the same situation, I'll admit, but close.
Yeah its an unfortunate situation but I don't think there's any way Jayco will pay for the damage that occurred at the service center. That should be on their dime since they damaged it, not Jayco. As said if all else fails make an insurance claim.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:23 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Not meant to be a slam against Jayco. We recently traded our Jayco X23B hybrid for a Forest River trailer, (Coachmen). One of the first things I noticed about FR is they have an annual Forest River Owners Group rally, or F.R.O.G.

They have factory reps there to fix problems folks have and some even get them fixed at the factory. Wouldn't it be nice if Jayco would have something similar?
You also hear on that forum countless numbers of posts where owners are having a nightmare trying to get warranty service done much like the OP, and many cases its the dealer dragging his feet not FR.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:17 PM   #26
Site Team

That is why a business has liability insurance.

If it's sitting in their lot waiting service they have some responsibility for what is there no matter what or who causes the damage.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 01-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #27

I know a guy that paid an attorney $250 to send a dealership a letter to fix the problem or face legal litigation, that this friend was having with his RV that happened while parked at the dealership...so a similiar situation to yours. My buddy said that his deductible was $500 with his insurance company, so he figured it was worth a shot. After receipt of the letter, the dealer bent over backwards to fix the problem.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
You also hear on that forum countless numbers of posts where owners are having a nightmare trying to get warranty service done much like the OP, and many cases its the dealer dragging his feet not FR.
I know there are. Just saying if you can't get satisfaction from your dealer, a rally like this would be a good alternative to get things fixed, especially since there would be factory reps there.
Gerard
Old 01-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #29

First of all let me say that I have a great local dealer. One time I got delayed because the dealer said that they hadn't gotten authorization from Jayco. I called Jayco and the tech said they had requested photos, which I told him had been taken and sent. He looked in the computer and found them in a folder the dealer sent but was named something different. Repair was approved.
Another time dealer sent me an email saying that Jayco had denied the work, encouraged me to call them. I called and they said the work had been approved but that they had just experienced some computer glitch and told me to have dealer check again. Was approved.
Not a smooth operation everytime. Moral of these stories, you be the middle man and check things out. Good luck to you.
I will add that, if some third party messed up an RV, I wouldn't expect Jayco to set things straight, unless they authorized that vendor to do the work.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Old 01-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I know there are. Just saying if you can't get satisfaction from your dealer, a rally like this would be a good alternative to get things fixed, especially since there would be factory reps there.
Agreed, it would be nice if Jayco would try this.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:33 PM   #31

I am a new owner but have a suggestion that I use in my Real Estate Business. When you take a trailer into a repair shop, do a video of the item to be repaired along with a copy of today's paper. Hard to argue when you have a record of the condtion.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
Old 01-29-2017, 07:33 PM   #32

Quote:
+1...It would go even further with their reputation for customer service!
Old 01-29-2017, 07:46 PM   #33

Quote:
You have to remember up until last year JAYCO was an independent company whereas Forest River was multiple brands with mucho bucks

FOREST RIVER RV
Number of locations‎: ‎86 plants‎
Parent‎: ‎Berkshire Hathaway‎
Revenue‎: ‎US$5 billion‎
Number of employees‎: ‎11,000‎
Old 01-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You have to remember up until last year JAYCO was an independent company whereas Forest River was multiple brands with mucho bucks

FOREST RIVER RV
Number of locations‎: ‎86 plants‎
Parent‎: ‎Berkshire Hathaway‎
Revenue‎: ‎US$5 billion‎
Number of employees‎: ‎11,000‎
To be more specific then it would be nice if Thor would try this. ☺
Old 01-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #35

Jayco has an International Rally every year. This year's is in West Virginia. It's been a long time since I've been to one but if my memory serves they had maintenance seminars, factory reps on site and activities.

Many states also have clubs that have rallies and I know in the past Iowa had one that a factory rep attended. I don't know if they still offer that option now that the Bontragers no longer own the company.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #36

It was probably done in IOWA since it was close to their factory that is located there. Also the RALLY is not put on by JAYCO, but by RCMI, a private company.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #37

rv rally

Anyone know when the Jayco rally is scheduled In West Virginia?
Old 01-30-2017, 09:43 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by preceptjoe View Post
Anyone know when the Jayco rally is scheduled In West Virginia?
7/24-28

http://http://www.jaycorvclub.com/tour126.htm
Old 01-30-2017, 10:06 AM   #39
Site Team

I have been to rallies where the manufacturer had people there. They were very limited in what they did and the sign up list was a mile long.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 01-30-2017, 02:35 PM   #40

I agree with having your insurance company get involved.
Not to file a claim, but to get the service center to pay.
Closed Thread