Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
My 5th has this also. Find the water pump on the inlet side there is a valve to choose either water tank or the siphon hose.
On the towables - at least on the Jayflight - there is no city/tank cut over valve. The sequence goes something like this --

Tanks --->Winterize Valve--->Pump--+->interior water line
.................................................. .|
.................................................. .One Way valve City Inlet

Wow that was a crude drawing...but hopefully you get the picture...I have not played much with a 5th wheel water system, but I know they are a lot more complicated.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #12

That's the way mine is too, I should have called it the winterizing valve (and it's a good drawing)

Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #13

I have used the siphon hose to winterize in May and probably left the valve in position to use it. Mine is accessed by removing the bottom drawer next to the kitchen sink. I should have the problem solved in the next hour.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk+ View Post
I have used the siphon hose to winterize in May and probably left the valve in position to use it. Mine is accessed by removing the bottom drawer next to the kitchen sink. I should have the problem solved in the next hour.
That will do it. Your pump will draw only air with that valve open. The one going to your tank from the pump will have to be opened up in addition to closing the winterizing valve.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #15

Thumbs up Problem Solved

You all had it right. I pulled a drawer to access the pump and sure enough, the valve from the FW tank to the pump was closed and the valve from the pump to the siphon valve was open. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #16

Glad it was an easy fix! Funny it only took us 16 posts to get there The journey is more fun than anything...lol...
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #17

It did take a while, but that's because I wasn't able to get outside to work on it until late this afternoon. I kept thinking, all this time responding could have been spent working on the problem, but couldn't. I've got two other problems to work on, a water leak in the shower which is most likely at the drain or where the surround meets the pan. Hope to be working on that tomorrow. Also, the cable/satellite problem that so many others have from what I understand. One fellow gave me a diagram and I think really described the fix. We're well over a hundred miles to any Jayco dealer so I need to handle these small things myself. Most of you folks could do it without a second thought but that's not stuff I ever learned. Still, I enjoy working on things and learning a bit, even if I'll never need it again.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:25 AM   #18
Site Team

Knowledge is a good thing. You will likely need it again or at least to pass on to someone else. Glad you found and resolved the pump problem.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:50 PM   #19

Same Problem, fixed

I had the same problem. Used it for the first time, and had the same problems that you are having. I also have a Jayco Eagle tt. Mine is the 2015 model. The water pump is located under the sink on the floor. There are 2 big black nobs that are also valves. One has a clear hose, and that is a drain hose I believe for antifreeze. The other black nob controls the water coming from the fresh water tank. Twist that to the open position, and it works great. Hope that I could help.
Danman99k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman99k View Post
I had the same problem. Used it for the first time, and had the same problems that you are having. I also have a Jayco Eagle tt. Mine is the 2015 model. The water pump is located under the sink on the floor. There are 2 big black nobs that are also valves. One has a clear hose, and that is a drain hose I believe for antifreeze. The other black nob controls the water coming from the fresh water tank. Twist that to the open position, and it works great. Hope that I could help.
Welcome to the forum.

oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote