Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2023, 12:14 PM   #21

Aaa

We use Triple A (AAA with RV Plus). This gives us 100 miles of towing for both TV and TT. I believe you can beef it up to 200 miles for an additional cost.
djrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:55 PM   #22

I switched to Good Sam because AAA left me beside the road or never came out three times. Once in Dallas on a side street; Once along I17 near Black Canyon City on an off ramp; once on I10 in New Mexico. Each time they told me "It's to dangerous to send someone to help you." Left wife, dog, cat, birds, and me. I looked in my GPS for nearby gas stations, who always knew how to find a wrecker and get us f in xed. So I switched to Good Sam. The only thing about them is they have to know the size of the tires, before they send someone out. So make sure you have that before calling.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 04:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheisser View Post
I have AAA RV I broke down in florence ky, (trans went out) blocking exit ramp , called AAA , in the meantime a good Samaritan (a true angel) towed me and my truck off the highway exit to a gas station parking lot. The tow driver ( very unpleasant person) showed up and would not tow my travel trailer "it was not " disabled" , she took my truck to a Chevy dealer and left me and my wife with the trailer. ( she would have taken one of us with her ,,and only one. I was able to get a u haul box truck five miles away which I had to walk ( no Uber lift, taxi etc) tow driver stated she was not a taxi cab,,which I used to tow my trailer the reamaining 230miles to Cleveland oh.
now to be fair, after reaching out to AAA corporate and the president , I did receive an "apology" that it was not handled properly. that each AAA district has its policies
that they should have took my trailer. ( where they could /would) I am not sure, part of my reason for this post
they explained if the driver only has room for 1 passenger which is often the case. depending on the circumstances they may call for another truck for passenger transport or reach out to the locall police
they reimbursed my U-Haul cost ($300), but that doesn't help when you are stranded and need help

I have now added good Sam to my repertoire but not sure if they are better etc
thanks
I had Triple A Rv. In Batesville Miss. Truck broke down. Truck we were to shop. Took camper to Statepark. My coverage should have taken all to Kentwood La but they could not find anyone who would do it. Happens in rural areas.
ceschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote