Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2015, 06:46 PM   #31

I agree with the roll top tables, we have two, one of which is adjustable in length- also can't do without our wine glass stakes, that let us have our wine glasses next to us anywhere on the site.

utbgcamper mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:03 PM   #32

We also carry an old fireplace poker, it's awesome. The other must have for us is a copy of Hoyle's Rules. We enjoy card games but our old memories need a little boost every now and then. You can't argue with Hoyle.

secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #33

I always have the same little folding tables that were shown in a post on the first page but the most important thing to me is making sure my Cabelas zero gravity chairs are in the camper!
Old 08-23-2015, 12:29 AM   #34

Some great ideas here, thanks for sharing. I'm surprised at how many of you use ice. One thing that I started using lately was a small aluminum platform ladder. It is only two feet high a foot wide and about three and a half feet long. I put this beside the outside shower. I put greasy dishes on it when I wash them with the outside shower. I have also used it to lean the solar panels against when boon docking.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #35

x2 on many of the suggested items. One of my favorites is a wireless light switch that can be stuck on a wall near the entry that will switch on a lite on the dining table or counter. Don't have to fuddle in the dark to find the switch for the ceiling lites located in the main switch box. Cheap at less than $15. Also have one in the bedroom so DW can turn on a lite without climbing on the bed to reach the overhead lite.

#2 is a 600w ps inverter to power up the entertainment center [tv/sat/blueray] for overnites at Wmart and in "no hookups" after gen hours.

#3 is led headlamp and FMS walkie talkies for use when parking the TT.

#4 cordless drill with socket attachment for setting the leg supports. Also useful for a dozen things around the RV with a few bits and nutdriver sockets.

#5 Dish sat / tripod w/ 2 50' lengths of coax. Enough to find a signal on just about any site and with practice easy enough to set up and be watching in minutes [Its kind of my thing].

Many more~
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #36

The sidewinder sewer hose support is good, but they all seem to be too tall for our x17z. The dump valve is only about 8 or 9 inches off the ground to start with. Does anyone know who makes a shorter version. Thanks.
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by secal48 View Post
The sidewinder sewer hose support is good, but they all seem to be too tall for our x17z. The dump valve is only about 8 or 9 inches off the ground to start with. Does anyone know who makes a shorter version. Thanks.
Well that's weird.. I have a 2015 x17z and use the sidewinder, which is 7 1/4 inches at tallest point and did not have any issues with the height.
( 15' side winder with 15' rhino flex)
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #38

Also bought a little fold up stool at Big Lots so I can reach things in the back of the pantry on the top shelf. It came in VERY handy on our last trip because we had to raise the hitch up very high to level the camper and it made the bottom step pretty high off the ground. I placed the step stool as the bottom step and it was perfect!
Old 08-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #39

Space-saving kitchen items:
1) Magma Non-Stick Nesting Cookware
2) Collapsible kitchenware (dish tubs, salad spinner/colander, tea pot, storage, measures, etc.)

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
That would not be a good idea in bear country. Even after burning the grease, it would still be a platinum plated invitation for them.
WooooHoooo - apparently those bears can smell for up to 3 miles! Here is the Yosemite warning: Bears and Food Storage - Yosemite National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote